This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uh, newb question: only able to S Rank 1 weapon class per character?

#1LUEserElitePosted 10/19/2010 8:27:41 PM
Is this true? >.<
---
The next aspiring quote goes here.
#2Distant_RainbowPosted 10/19/2010 8:37:56 PM
Yes.

And S-ranks can only be attained if the character is in a promoted class(Paladin, Sage, etc.). If unpromoted, the highest you'll get is A-rank.
---
There is no hatred so great as that of a man who has been made to love a woman against his will. -Hercule Poirot
Currently at 11th place in GFaqs; gonna go up!
#3Brave_PiratePosted 10/20/2010 5:26:08 PM
Wasn't there a certain someone in this game who could S-Rank two weapons?
#4SuperLuigiFan64Posted 10/20/2010 5:30:11 PM
You're thinking FE6.
---
www.youtube.com/user/DaienTroop45
SSBB is overrated. I hate the fanbase and every fanfic or fanart ever made about the characters. Also dislikes yaoi.
#5redheadofdoomPosted 10/20/2010 7:37:46 PM
A character that is only unlockable after you have completed the game and beaten the Lagdou Ruins three times fully in Creature Campaign does indeed have 2 S ranks.

However, that character is the only character than can have multiple S ranks.
---
Going to GameFAQ's looking for intelligence is like going to a supermarket, running to the bread section, and expecting a hooker.
-zeldafreak007
#6Tate_SurroPosted 10/22/2010 1:12:47 PM

Yes.

And S-ranks can only be attained if the character is in a promoted class(Paladin, Sage, etc.). If unpromoted, the highest you'll get is A-rank.

Keep this in mind while playing. If you are using a healer (like Moulder), then you should think minimizing you healings with him because an S in light/anima > staves I think.
---
Wait vivi like in KH? ~ GiggleGrass
/facepalm ~ LinktheMan46
#7DarksamuszPosted 10/22/2010 1:20:12 PM
Well, the bonuses obtained from an S rank in any other Magic type are greater than the Latona Staff, which is about all you receive for getting an S Staff rank.

Pretty pointless, especially because Latona is just a Fortify with an added ability that is pretty useless.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#8MustavusPosted 10/22/2010 2:20:56 PM
But it'd also be a bit pointless to spend enough turns to build anima/light rank over staffs with a unit who's always had a role as a primary healer.

The bonuses are just 5% hit/crit. S rank weapons are only tempting in the second to last chapter.

I'd say it's not worth paying a lot of attention to, outside of the Link Arena.
---
I need a good signature.
#9AnoulethPosted 10/22/2010 3:53:25 PM
Well, the bonuses obtained from an S rank in any other Magic type are greater than the Latona Staff, which is about all you receive for getting an S Staff rank.

Pretty pointless, especially because Latona is just a Fortify with an added ability that is pretty useless.

But really, the likes of Moulder and Natasha are never going to enter combat anyway, let alone reach S Rank in Anima/Light. Latona, which is the only ranged staff that cures status effects and the only infinite range staff (important when you consider that most staff users are unlikely to have good magic), is pretty good in my eyes.
---
I love Seth. And Titania. And Marcus. All those great already promoted EXP drains they force to take up a lot on your team.
#10Percy101Posted 10/22/2010 6:11:01 PM
I didn't know you got a 5% crit/hit bonus for an S rank.

That's pretty awesome.

With that said, it may be preferable to have one character (Choose; Moulder, Natasha, or L'Arachel) to S-Rank staves, while everyone else S-Ranks Light/Anima. As has been said, you only get three uses ( or up to 9 with a Hammerne staff, or up to 15 with both Hammernes... which is just wasteful considering the weapons you could be repairing) out of the S-Rank Latona staff. So if you wanna keep your Hammernes for more important, awesome weapons for LA (Reginleif, Sacred Twins, etc), you'll end up with only three real uses of S-Rank staves. Which, you might only use it once for the final chapter, maybe? *shrug*

S-Rank Light isn't a whole lot better. The Tome, Ivaldi, is pretty much just for a Valkyrie (L'Arachel) or Sage, and a Sage would probably rather master Anima for the sake of Excalibur. Ivaldi has x2 damage against monsters, and that effect overrides a Bishop's ability to do x3 damage against monsters--meaning, it's useless for Bishops, who can do more damage with an A-Rank tome. Still, the 5% bonus crit/hit could well come in handy, who knows? Staves, of course, have no Crit or Hit percent(Well, unless you're using Status staves... but those are hellishly irritating to get).

Overall, if you choose to use Bishops, then Light mastery is generally better than Staves mastery, but you'll still want Staves mastery to be on either a Bishop or a Sage, so that Troubadour(And/or Mage Knight?) can master Light and use Ivaldi for extra damage. Over that still, though, it'd probably be better to just forget Ivaldi altogether and stick with Excalibur usage.

Also, this: Bishop+Purge=Epicsauce in the ruins. That is all.