Is there any way to skip only text you've read? (Also, about the main character)

#1SephlockPosted 2/27/2009 1:27:59 PM
First off, is there some way to set the game to skip only text you've read before? The closest I've gotten is to set the "new text" option to slow, but I'm a fast reader so thats excruciating for me...

And about the main character, maybe its just me, but it seems like hes awfully... I don't even know the word for it.

The VERY FIRST THING I'd do in his situation is drive Saber insane with questions concerning the afterlife, then about the time period in which she lived (not necessarily personal stuff), etc etc.

Sure I'd generally do the same stuff that he did* but I would have had quite a few questions as well... anyone else feel that way?

*Or at least, up till the very last decision I never ended up getting myself killed when choosing what I would have done in that situation.
---
"I respectfully decline the invitation to join your hallucination." -Dilbert
#2that one guyPosted 2/27/2009 1:59:31 PM
Make sure you have "Skip previously read scenes" on. It's a big help for when you die. As for Shirou...well, to put it bluntly, he's a god damn idiot. His dumbass shenanigans throughout the game prove that, you'll find out soon enough.
---
Ricky Steamboat, Hall of Famer. Took 'em long enough.
Soon to be "The Son of the Mat" Christopher Classic
#3agesboyPosted 2/27/2009 3:46:33 PM
The best way to describe shirou is childish and naive.

But personally, I think that gives him an amazing character. How often do you see a main character like this? There are a lot of characters who becomes martyrs when pressed in a tough situation, but very few characters actually have their entire persona revolve around being a martyr in everyday life to the point of being a human doormat.

Yeah, he's a dumbass, being naive is his flaw- but being tenacious is also his strength.
---
You would be amazed by how many magicians have died after being bitten by mad rabbits. It's far more common than you might think.
#4Sephlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2009 4:13:32 PM
When there was an option to hide, I *COULD NOT BELIEVE IT* when he hid under the covers.

I MEANT hide under the BED!

>_<.
---
#5DragonRaizenPosted 2/28/2009 9:15:36 AM
He IS a godamn idiot... but it's kinda more important to prepare yourself as to what you're getting into (A.K.A. go to the damn church) when you've just almost been killed a second time... and then comes Berserker... make that three times.

---
Mom! Kyon's brain has turned to noodles!
#6Sephlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2009 1:07:59 PM
After having touched death, I would think that figuring out what I need to do to avoid hell would be a top priority ;).

Its something I'd need to know in any event.
---
#7Sephlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2009 1:47:06 PM
I... just got to the part where he

*SPOILERS*

Tries to find out if Issei is a master.

Yeah... why not just wait until Gym class? Even if they don't have it together he could just walk in and say whoops (not so much if it was a female master).

Or invite him to a pool or something... or maybe... I dunno, offer to arm wrestle. Or spill something on his shirt and make him have to at least take off the jacket, and then advise him to dry his clothes off before the break ends.

Or... find an aggressive dog that likes to rip shirts off (there are a few that like to do that kind of thing, believe it or not. Usually they bite at the sleeve and pull).
---
#8that one guyPosted 2/28/2009 3:01:06 PM
Or just check his arm like a normal person. I mean, it's not like the command spell is ever anywhere else. Also, isn't that UBW? Are you already there?!
---
#9Sephlock(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2009 3:22:51 PM
Yes. Anyway how could he just check the guy's arms when he was wearing long sleeves?

I think the shirt under the jacket woulda been long sleeved also...
---
#10that one guyPosted 2/28/2009 4:04:49 PM
Well, asking someone "Hey, let me see your arms" sounds lot less messed up compared to "Hey, take off your shirt, or I'm taking it off for you."
---