Okay, here's what I think of the H-Scenes

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fate/Stay Night
  3. Okay, here's what I think of the H-Scenes
5 years ago#1
Sure, the writing could have been better. I'll admit that. But that's not what I want to talk about.

Who else thinks that the song "Embrace" and "Embrace 2" should have been replaced with "Parting" from the Tsukihime Soundtrack?

For Reference
Parting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBwP_9xGzU0
Embrace: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVE86HGFUQk
*Embrace 2 is more or less the same song*

At the very least, Saber's 2nd H scene should have had Parting.
---
Stupid Type-MOON and it's ability to rend heartstrings asunder.
5 years ago#2
Frankly, the writing's a lot better than it was in Tsukihime, Shirou doesn't halfway-rape any of the girls like Shiki routinely does (...okay, so Rin's in a gray area), and Saber's second scene is probably the best I've read in any eroge, but that's just a digression.

I have to admit, I do like Parting a lot more than Embrace, which unless I'm distracted (...which I usually am) sounds like an old Legend of Zelda theme. And if I'm forced to admit it, if Parting was used for any of the scenes in FSN, that scene would be the most appropriate. Probably the only one, though; Rin's definitely worked with Embrace, and I can't imagine any of Sakura's scenes without Pursuing Minds (which I also like a lot).

Kudos on using the Ever After remix, incidentally. It was a year and a half before I realized that Tsukihime's soundtrack that I fell in love with was the remixed tracks...feel like I dodged a bullet I never even saw, with that.

---
"You will not forget this devil's power!
You are not worthy as my opponent..." -Vergil
5 years ago#3
Oh good god the writing is SO much better than in Tsukihime. When I read Tsukihime, I kinda just glazed over unti the scene was over. Whenever I did actually read the H scenes, I was like "Wow, really Shiki?"

When I read the scenes in Fate/Stay Night (Fate and Heaven's Feel) I thought "Woah, it's almost as if Shirou CARES about who he's with. Oh wait, HE DOES."

On a side note, I found out that the old version of Parting (track 05) works a lot better then the remix. And a whole hell of a lot better than Embrace.
---
5 years ago#4
Hell, even in UBW, you can see that he cares. He spends half of the scene trying to persuade Rin that, yes, she does need foreplay first. It's just that, eventually, he says "screw it" and just gets on with the job, because she's just being so damn stubborn about it.
5 years ago#5
I mostly just skip of the H-Scenes. I Want moar Excalibur action.

^Also, Cherry are you on Mangafox as well?
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing
I don't stop. I'm like the Energizer bunny. ~ alien_gundamneo
5 years ago#6
Yeah (under the same name, obviously). I'm on several other sites, too....
5 years ago#7

On a side note, I found out that the old version of Parting (track 05) works a lot better then the remix. And a whole hell of a lot better than Embrace.

I actually wouldn't know on that one. I think the only scene I've seen the original version with was...well, Len's in Kagetsu Tohya.

Shiki's most loving and consensual H-scenes being with the little girl demon and the sexually abused woman. I'm not sure if that's incredibly appropriate or supremely ironic.

I mostly just skip of the H-Scenes. I Want moar Excalibur action.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5243/56442256.jpg

TV Tropes, too, I notice. Drow Lord says hi.

---
"You will not forget this devil's power!
You are not worthy as my opponent..." -Vergil
5 years ago#8

Cool. I got under the name Delritho on MF >_>
---
Alien has stole teh 500 from me. TWICE!
I don't stop. I'm like the Energizer bunny. ~ alien_gundamneo
5 years ago#9
Yeah, I thought as much, actually.
5 years ago#10
Parting (Original):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0knwEYRufQ
This version seems to be a lot more... I don't know, "Gentle" than the remix. It fit's Saber's 2nd scene a lot better than what they have. Haven't tried with Rin and Sakura's scenes.

Also, I think we can officially make this thread about how other songs can affect different scenes in Fate/Stay Night. That sound good to everyone?

One last note: Frakking TV Tropes. We Tropers are everywhere. We're like cockroaches, you get rid of one and there are like, 50 others to take the one's place. All of us spend too much time going through ever page possible. I know I don't regret it.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Fate/Stay Night
  3. Okay, here's what I think of the H-Scenes

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived