Fate/Apocrypha

#1RadixPosted 6/24/2011 9:42:14 AM
Apparently a canceled MMO according to the new data book. Interesting servant choices with what the hell designs

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Fate/Apocrypha_characters

Oh what could've been
---
http://img.imgcake.com/Radix1337/painting03jpguh.jpg
#2NeutralDrowPosted 6/24/2011 4:57:42 PM
Huh. Well, some of them look pretty stupid; I far prefer Fate/Strange Fake's interpretation of Jack the Ripper, and Fate/Extra's version of Vlad III Tepes.

On the other hand, holy ****, that's what we're missing by not having Joan of Arc?! I'm sad now, she sounds like she'd be an awesome addition.

Hell, I don't think I've ever said this, but I actually really like Type-Moon's propensity to go for obscure mythical and legendary heroes. Sure, anyone can think of Gilgamesh, Alexander the Great, Heracles, Siegfried, and maybe even Cuchulain. But Diarmuid? Gilles de Reis? Malak al-Maut?

And what do we have here? An obscure knight of Charlemagne? The chosen of the goddess Artemis? The greatest warrior of the Indian Mahabarata? Shakespeare? Mother***ing Benkei?! I mean...whoa.

What could have been, indeed...
---
"You will not forget this devil's power!
You are not worthy as my opponent..." -Vergil
#3Radix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2011 6:29:27 PM
According to some random translated tidbits, Saint George is almost Gil level broken. Granted the translations may not be completely accurate yet

And yeah Joan is awesome. Always wanted to see her in something Fate related.

A Fate related DotA/LoL/HoN/what have you game would be amazing I think. Better than an MMO at least
---
#4perfectchaos83Posted 6/24/2011 8:06:29 PM
Out of all of those, I think Shakespeare is my favorite. Mainly due to the sheer surprise factor. I think that is a rather cool of them to make him a caster.

I find it odd that their interpretations of Frankenstein and Jack the Ripper are female, but hell, I guess with King Arthur being female, why not?

Kinda weirds me out that they ditch the whole "assassin being one being" thing. I rather liked that.
---
Yes, I am a Yachiru fanboy. :3
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/566/yachirufalconkick.png
#5NeutralDrowPosted 6/24/2011 10:15:50 PM
Out of all of those, I think Shakespeare is my favorite. Mainly due to the sheer surprise factor. I think that is a rather cool of them to make him a caster.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they were cribbing off Fate/Strange Fake, which did the same thing to Alexander Dumas.

Much as I love Dumas, though, Shakespeare would be cooler.

I find it odd that their interpretations of Frankenstein and Jack the Ripper are female, but hell, I guess with King Arthur being female, why not?

I don't think they ever figured out who Jack was, so he could conceivably have been a woman. Probably not a loli in a revealing outfit, though.

I think what I love most about their Frankenstein monster is her conservationist stance.

Kinda weirds me out that they ditch the whole "assassin being one being" thing. I rather liked that.

If you think about it, though, that's still kinda maintained. Supposedly, the reason for having only a specific group of True Assassins is because the best assassins are never discovered and never truly known. The various Hassans are seized upon simply because people know they were assassins by definition, even if they don't know what they specifically did; they were the leaders of the group whose name gave us the word "assassin." Given the mystery surrounding Jack the Ripper's identity (at least in the legends; much like True Assassin, Jack's aware of her own identity and motivation), it follows that he'd fit into the Assassin mold.

...actually, now that I think of it, that might explain why Sasaki Kojiro is an Assassin, if a flawed one. Instead of lacking an individual identity, he simply lacks an identity altogether, the Grail pulling instead a nameless commoner who vaguely fits the false legend of Kojiro. Like Hassan ibn al-Sabah, "Kojiro" is simply a name given to one who was truly unknown.

As for Semiramis...eh. Maybe she's in a similar situation as "Kojiro." I can't imagine what would qualify an ancient mythical Assyrian queen who conquered a bunch of land and introduced new religious practices as an Assassin of any kind.
---
"You will not forget this devil's power!
You are not worthy as my opponent..." -Vergil
#6Radix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2011 6:03:00 PM
Karna

Child of the Sun God

Short Biography
The immortal hero of the Indian epic Maharabata. His personality is cold and unforgiving. Although conversing with him may give the impression that he is indecisive and somewhat boring, in reality he is always deep in thought and has a loyal heart. He gives an impression of being cold and cruel because he believes that most things and events are “normal”, and therefore he does not interfere. Due to this characteristic, he does not really have negative emotions such as hatred and jealousy. Because his behaviours target people’s “true nature that should not be put to words”, he is disliked by many. (Translator's Note: I think the last sentence means Karna "call it as it is".")

Class: Lancer (Archer, Rider)
Source: The Maharabata
Region: India
Alignment: Chaotic Evil (more correctly Chaotic Good)
Sex: Male
Height: 178cm
Weight: 65kg
Armament: Spear

Legend
Karna was born between a human mother Kunti and the Sun God Surya. As proof of being the son of Surya, he was given a golden armour that granted immortality. However, Kunti abandoned Karna and became the queen of King Kuru. Not knowing who his mother was, Karna grew up with a low social status. However, he soon made his existence known to the world by becoming the honoured guest of the Royal House Kauravas, who were hostile to King Kuru. Karna participated in the wars around the borders and fought on an equal footing with Arjuna, son of Kunti and Thunder God Indra. Karna eventually fell in battle after being robbed of his golden armour by Indra, suffering many curses, and losing all of his allies. He died in the hands of his half-brother Arjuna. However, he did not hate anyone and accepted his death.

Status
STR: B
CON: C
AGI: A
MGI: B
LCK: D
Noble Phantasm: EX

Personal Skills

Insight of the Poor: A
The ability to see through the personalities and alignments of his opponents. Karna will not be fooled by excuses and lies. As a person who was truly alone in this world, Karna had the fortune of learning the lives and values of those who were disadvantaged. This skill demonstrates Karna’s power at determining the true nature of his opponents.

Unparalleled Martial Arts: -
The ability to wield weapons that is for whatever reason not acknowledged by others. From the opponent’s perspective, Karna’s rank in sword, spear, bow, Riding, and Divinity all appear one rank lower than reality. The effect disappears if Karna’s true identity is revealed.

Magic Resistance: C
Neutralises sorceries under two bars. It is not possible to defend against grand sorceries, rituals and other large-scale sorceries. However, if the Noble Phantasm golden armour is in effect, Magic Resistance will not be limited to rank C.

Parana Burst (Fire): A
The ability to charge weapons with magical energy. In Karna’s case, it is turning burning flames into magical energy and infusing it into the weapon he is wielding. This ability is always active; all of Karna’s weapons will gain this effect.

Riding: A
The ability to freely control all beasts and vehicles except Phantasmal and Divine Beasts. The Maharabata has described Karna riding his war chariot swiftly across the battlefield. The rank in Riding is sufficiently high to qualify for the Rider Class.

Divinity: A
Karna is the son of Sun God Surya, and he united as one with Surya after death. As a result, Karna possesses the highest level of Divinity. Against Heroic Spirits who are Sun Gods with Divinity below rank B, Karna’s Divinity skill will provide him with very high defence.

cont
---
#7Radix(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2011 6:03:18 PM
Noble Phantasms

Kavacha & Kundala
Karna’s mother Kundi was terrified of becoming a mother who is not married, so in order to protect his son, she beseeched Surya and received the golden armour and earring. It is a strong defensive Noble Phantasm that releases the radiance of the sun. Since Kavacha & Kundala are formed by light, they are difficult to destroy even for Gods. They are one with the body of Karna.

Brahmastra
An anti-army, anti-nation Noble Phantasm bestowed upon Karna by Parashurama. If Karna is Archer class, it takes the form of a bow, in any other classes it materialises as an aerial vehicle. Invoking the name of God Brahman, Brahmastra will pursue the enemy and always hit. However, due to the result of curses, it cannot be used against foes stronger than Karna.

Brahmastra Kundala
Karna’s hidden Noble Phantasm, his trump card. Karna bestows his characteristic fiery power onto the aerial vehicle Brahmasta and then opens fire. This further enlarges the already expansive effect of Brahmastra, and significantly improves its power. It’s performance can be likened to nuclear weapons.

Vasavi Shakti
A single-shot spear of light that is sufficient to fell Gods. A spear of absolute destruction formed from lightning. While robbing Karna of his golden armour, Indra was moved by his noble attitudes, and thought he must reward Karna, thus bestow upon him Vasavi Shakti. It is materialised in exchange for Karna’s golden armour. In terms of armament, it is a powerful anti-god spear acquired by trading off massive defensive power.
---