This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can you breed those 3 Starters?

#1einreiPosted 2/6/2011 11:19:46 PM
sorry for this but.. but can you breed them? so that hey can have a egg moves?
---
"This rune... may bring you suffering. If it does,blame me. But you must never...., never let it fall into Windy's hands." - Ted [ Suikoden ]
#2gbchaosmasterPosted 2/7/2011 5:46:57 AM
Why couldn't you?
---
gbchaosmaster
#3RaikouTGCPosted 2/7/2011 10:31:25 AM
If you have a Female or Male (87.5% Chance of Male) with a Ditto Yes, but If you have a Male and no Ditto then No
---
Raikou the Thunder Tiger strikes again
#4einrei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2011 12:31:52 AM
Oh, i got a Torchich Male tho.. so i need a ditto female thanks. btw, can you get a almost perfect IV for a pokemon? like 30-31 and 20-31? for each stats?
---
"This rune... may bring you suffering. If it does,blame me. But you must never...., never let it fall into Windy's hands." - Ted [ Suikoden ]
#5zelfier120Posted 2/8/2011 3:27:00 AM
Actually, Ditto doesn't have genders. They're genderless, like some of the legendaries. And to make matters worse, Ditto can only be found after the elite four. So, unless you are at the end of the game or you can trade, I wouldn't advise breeding yet. And as far as I know, if you want to breed that Torchic, it HAS to be a FEMALE.
---
Don't stop believing!
And BTW, pies are awesome!
#6einrei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2011 3:40:39 AM
Oh. damn i need to restart again..hopefully i get a female one..12% chance is kinda good but will take time ~_~
---
#7gbchaosmasterPosted 2/8/2011 5:51:40 AM
Why not use a Ditto like you were originally planning to? >_>

And there really is no need to bother with IVs even for link battles, much less the BF or ingame.
---
gbchaosmaster
#8einrei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2011 9:42:10 PM
^ but zelfier said it has to be a Female to breed with ditto..or even if a Male one can breed with ditto?
---
#9gbchaosmasterPosted 2/9/2011 6:00:29 AM
You can breed the male of any pokemon with a Ditto for a chance to get a female.
---
gbchaosmaster
#10RaikouTGCPosted 2/9/2011 6:05:37 AM
Ignore zelfier and reread mine. Ditto is required to breed with a Male to get a starter.

The egg is always the same species as the mother, so if your Starter is a Female you can breed it with anything that is male and shares an Egg Group.

If Ditto is used it is the species of the Non-Ditto Parent This is Instrmental in Breeding Male only (Tauros, Hitmons) or Male Dominant Species (Starters, Eevee) and Genderless Species (Porygon, Magnemite/ton)
---
Raikou the Thunder Tiger strikes again