This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is a good electric type pokemon?

#1Gameslayer3Posted 12/7/2008 5:54:49 PM
I was thinking that magnanmite thing (spelled wrong I bet). I am at the 3 rd gym so what would be good?
---
Slayer
#2gbchaosmasterPosted 12/7/2008 5:56:30 PM
Any of the ones available to you is good.
---
gbchaosmaster
<3 glitchy
#3Gameslayer3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2008 6:05:56 PM
Ok then what ones are the 3 best?
---
Slayer
#4gbchaosmasterPosted 12/7/2008 6:27:41 PM
Seriously. If there's a difference in terms of difficulty between them, it's microscopic.

Go with what you want. Your choice won't make you lose.
---
gbchaosmaster
<3 glitchy
#5SxmfctPosted 12/13/2008 10:14:14 AM
Get Zapdos there's not been a better electric type since RBY.
#6ntarpsPosted 12/13/2008 1:17:43 PM
^3 rd gym
---
SSBB- Nolz @ 3437-2730-4129
---
#7NerdGoneNormalPosted 12/13/2008 7:25:20 PM
Zapdos the best electric, yeah right. If you ask me, Raikou is the single best electric type pokemon in the first 386 (I don't have Diamond/Pearl, electric may be better there). Why do I think so? Well, unlike Zapdos, his only weakness is ground, Zapdos gets destroyed by rock and ice. Also, Raikou is much faster, I think, and is stronger in many categories, as far as I know. However, if you are only at the third gym, I would suggest Manectric, but any of them are perfectly fine.
#8stonecold_50Posted 12/13/2008 7:34:12 PM
For 3rd gym, you're only decent choice would be Manectric.
---
Heroes are remembered but Legends never die.
Remember children, you can't spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!
#9msylcatac9Posted 12/13/2008 7:48:31 PM
Raikou can set up stuff, but zapdos is usually more bulky due to his ground resist; besides, many things carrying rock attacks also use ground attacks too, so that's not much of an issue; as for ice, both raikou and zapdos are walled by regice and the only other stuff using ice beam are bulky waters, taking off maybe 40% at best.

Raikou does have more speed and can set up with calm mind, but zapdos has more special attack, can metal sound, and can pass substitutes/agilities.
---
cataclysm9
Look at my quote ------------>
#10RTC3Posted 12/13/2008 8:41:24 PM
zapdos > raikou. why? versatility.

zapdos has way more options than raikou, who is limited to being pretty much a set up special sweeper. zappy can Baton Pass subs/agility, tank/stall with his ResTalk set (which beats blissey, something raikou would never be able to do alone) provide team support with screens (raikou can too i guess, but zappy is more bulky), force switches with roar/metal sound (again, raikou can't pull this off as well as zappy).

although it is interesting to note that raikou counters zapdos rather well. Kou can switch in on anything zappy does, and be an immediate threat with thunderbolt and CM. the most zappy can do is phaze him out, or BP away.
---
0[RTC3]{==========>
RTC3, yeah, you're God. ~Chaet_legend