This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't Ditto be traded?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Emerald Version
  3. Why can't Ditto be traded?
7 years ago#1
I tried to trade my Ditto and it kept saying "This pokemon can't be traded now". ANY other pokemon I have can be put up for trade but not Ditto. Why?
I got to my exalted station in life by... pleasing my superiors, which is something I do well.
- Seaside Town "Elder"
7 years ago#2
maybe you're trading it to a game that hasn't unlocked the criteria for having it in that particular version as yet.
di mack eleven g'eem hundred an eleven
till all di angel dem refuse him body from heaven
~ Shawn Storm
7 years ago#3
Em can't trade for non-Hoenn dex pokemon until you get the Nat Dex in Em. However, I've heard that it is possible to trade non-Hoenn dex pokemon to Em via Col.
San Diego Chargers - Three Time Defending AFC West Champs!
NCST (16-15, 6-11) - Next: --- Last: 74-69 @ Maryland
7 years ago#4
You're right^, Coliseum bypasses trade limitations. If you have that game, you can go Emerald to Coliseum to the other one.
Never utter anything resembling "I've discovered the villain's secret" until you're damn sure there's someone nearby who can keep you alive - VinCon01
7 years ago#5
I thought u couldn't trade to/from Col until u get the nat dex
diamonds aren't forever, but the love is
7 years ago#6

I thought u couldn't trade to/from Col until u get the nat dex

Nah, Coliseum completely ignores that. If you have 2 pokemon in your party in one of the advance games, and beat Coliseum, you can trade between them.
Do you understand how to handle cards now? I win as long as I can make you think "There's no way he will play this card." - Hiruma Youichi, ES21
7 years ago#7
Even fr/lg? If so I wasted a bunch of time fixing the network machines those extra times
fc: JOHN 0387-5850-8537
I'm coming at you like a spider monkey!
7 years ago#8

Even fr/lg? If so I wasted a bunch of time fixing the network machines those extra times

Yes, all Generation III games. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green. Fixing the machines, if you have 2 gameboys, makes one less step to go through in trading between the advance games.
Never utter anything resembling "I've discovered the villain's secret" until you're damn sure there's someone nearby who can keep you alive - VinCon01
7 years ago#9
Well, I was trying to trade it to another Emerald but the other person hasn't beaten the Elite Four yet. I guess that had something to do with it.

Oh well, maybe she can wait to get her own Ditto when she beats the E4.
I got to my exalted station in life by... pleasing my superiors, which is something I do well.
- Seaside Town "Elder"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Emerald Version
  3. Why can't Ditto be traded?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived