This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't Ditto be traded?

#1Meteor MarioPosted 8/10/2009 6:25:08 PM
I tried to trade my Ditto and it kept saying "This pokemon can't be traded now". ANY other pokemon I have can be put up for trade but not Ditto. Why?
---
I got to my exalted station in life by... pleasing my superiors, which is something I do well.
- Seaside Town "Elder"
#2samfylPosted 8/10/2009 7:28:54 PM
maybe you're trading it to a game that hasn't unlocked the criteria for having it in that particular version as yet.
---
di mack eleven g'eem hundred an eleven
till all di angel dem refuse him body from heaven
~ Shawn Storm
#3gopack24Posted 8/11/2009 3:51:39 AM
Em can't trade for non-Hoenn dex pokemon until you get the Nat Dex in Em. However, I've heard that it is possible to trade non-Hoenn dex pokemon to Em via Col.
---
San Diego Chargers - Three Time Defending AFC West Champs!
NCST (16-15, 6-11) - Next: --- Last: 74-69 @ Maryland
#4Oblivion_HeroPosted 8/11/2009 7:55:05 AM
You're right^, Coliseum bypasses trade limitations. If you have that game, you can go Emerald to Coliseum to the other one.
---
Never utter anything resembling "I've discovered the villain's secret" until you're damn sure there's someone nearby who can keep you alive - VinCon01
#5Cjme1Posted 8/11/2009 8:40:03 AM
I thought u couldn't trade to/from Col until u get the nat dex
---
diamonds aren't forever, but the love is
#6Oblivion_HeroPosted 8/11/2009 2:47:10 PM

I thought u couldn't trade to/from Col until u get the nat dex

Nah, Coliseum completely ignores that. If you have 2 pokemon in your party in one of the advance games, and beat Coliseum, you can trade between them.
---
Do you understand how to handle cards now? I win as long as I can make you think "There's no way he will play this card." - Hiruma Youichi, ES21
#7Master_Gamer715Posted 8/11/2009 6:37:02 PM
Even fr/lg? If so I wasted a bunch of time fixing the network machines those extra times
---
fc: JOHN 0387-5850-8537
I'm coming at you like a spider monkey!
#8Oblivion_HeroPosted 8/12/2009 7:14:48 AM

Even fr/lg? If so I wasted a bunch of time fixing the network machines those extra times

Yes, all Generation III games. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green. Fixing the machines, if you have 2 gameboys, makes one less step to go through in trading between the advance games.
---
Never utter anything resembling "I've discovered the villain's secret" until you're damn sure there's someone nearby who can keep you alive - VinCon01
#9Meteor Mario(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2009 11:58:45 AM
Well, I was trying to trade it to another Emerald but the other person hasn't beaten the Elite Four yet. I guess that had something to do with it.

Oh well, maybe she can wait to get her own Ditto when she beats the E4.
---
I got to my exalted station in life by... pleasing my superiors, which is something I do well.
- Seaside Town "Elder"