This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Emerlad Solo Run Maybe?

#1freedom_RPPosted 9/22/2009 12:35:57 PM
Hey guys I am thinking of doing an emerald solo run, however, I have never played Emerald before so have no idea about the new pokemon.
So I was just wondering whether anyone had any ideas on what pokemon I should use?

Also, I am considering making this a live streaming run if people think it is a good idea.

Finally please don't post any spoilers as I want this solo run to be full of suprises, even if their all bad or annoying.

Any feedback is much appreciated :)
---
Freedom - The condition or right of being able or allowed to do, say, think, etc. whatever you want to, without being controlled or limited.
#2freedom_RP(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2009 12:40:46 PM
Oh also I will be playing it on an emulator so I can use gameshark codes to pick pokemon if they are not accessible near the start of the game.
---
Freedom - The condition or right of being able or allowed to do, say, think, etc. whatever you want to, without being controlled or limited.
#3CoegulatPosted 9/22/2009 2:00:20 PM
Interesting, a solo run with a person who has never played before.

The only thing I can suggest is no Ghost types, they completely wall the 2nd gym which should have been a big challenge.
---
These guys are very easily killed. It shouldn't be hard. Just rush them with pretty much anything.
-Blizzard talking about Druids of the Talons
#4Great_PaulPosted 9/22/2009 11:20:26 PM
I'm actually doing a solo run myself (im at the elite 4). I went with mudkip, since I wanted to do it with a starter. I do know someone who did a run with Lotad on sapphire, and is now doing a run with Nincada on ruby.
---
Too bad my phone is actually a gun!
Codes in quote.
#5shadowrazr98Posted 9/23/2009 6:25:41 AM
If you want a challenge, use either Ditto, Sunkern, or Magikarp.
---
Anyone have a good sig? I hate going sigless...
#6shadowrazr98Posted 9/23/2009 6:32:07 AM
Oh yeah, and Luvdisc is another option.
---
Anyone have a good sig? I hate going sigless...
#7gbchaosmasterPosted 9/23/2009 7:10:08 AM
You have no idea how big is the gap between each of those four.
---
gbchaosmaster
#8freedom_RP(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2009 1:59:11 PM
Magikarp is a definite no. I had a hard enough doing a Metapod and Kakuna run on Crystal (Used both as tackle for metapod doesn't effect ghost types, and poison sting for Kakuna didn't affect steel types)

So does anyone else have any other ideas? I would like it to be a challenge but nothing as difficult as Magikarp or the like.
---
#9gbchaosmasterPosted 9/23/2009 2:12:10 PM
Any unevolved should do the trick, as long as it's not something obviously crappy like Caterpie nor overpowered like Abra.

YOU get an idea and WE make sure it's not a bad one.
---
gbchaosmaster
#10freedom_RP(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2009 2:36:38 PM
Ok thanks for your advice. Guess ill start looking at the new pokemon in Emerald and see if any takes my fancy.
---