This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible to soft-reset for a shiny starter?

#1PlatinumArrowPosted 4/22/2011 1:33:01 AM
Right now, I'm trying to get a shiny Torchic. Aren't there easier ways?
---
"A living wonder of mystery." -Souleater's Normal Monster card text.
It does live up to the description.
#2gbchaosmasterPosted 4/22/2011 4:19:18 AM
no
---
gbchaosmaster
#3kirbymuncherPosted 4/22/2011 8:06:21 AM
RNG hax
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#4SwampertOwnsPosted 4/22/2011 8:18:17 AM
I think he means legitimately.
---
"But in the end, the human soul will ever reach for the truth."-Samus Aran
#5kirbymuncherPosted 4/22/2011 8:20:56 AM
it is legit though :\

I suppose "hax" makes it sound a little too much like using a cheating device, when what I really meant was just that's it digging through game code and exploiting it for gain
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#6YayECEPosted 4/22/2011 9:41:53 AM
You can't "legitimately" RNG for a shiny starter. Abusing the RNG for a shiny requires you to know your secret ID, which usually requires some extra hardware. For a starter, it absolutely requires the extra hardware.
#7kirbymuncherPosted 4/22/2011 11:07:12 AM
well, you would just breed it later. He didn;t require the starter was shiny, just wanted a shiny torchic
---
#8YayECEPosted 4/22/2011 7:09:52 PM

well, you would just breed it later. He didn;t require the starter was shiny, just wanted a shiny torchic

Is this a new development? The PID generation for Emerald is a little funky, and last time I was doing this it wasn't well understood. At the time, breeding for shinies was not possible.
#9WallydraiglePosted 5/3/2011 9:56:59 PM

You can't "legitimately" RNG for a shiny starter. Abusing the RNG for a shiny requires you to know your secret ID, which usually requires some extra hardware. For a starter, it absolutely requires the extra hardware.

RNG the secret ID too?
---
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.