Possible to soft-reset for a shiny starter?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Emerald Version
  3. Possible to soft-reset for a shiny starter?
5 years ago#1
Right now, I'm trying to get a shiny Torchic. Aren't there easier ways?
"A living wonder of mystery." -Souleater's Normal Monster card text.
It does live up to the description.
5 years ago#2
no
gbchaosmaster
5 years ago#3
RNG hax
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
5 years ago#4
I think he means legitimately.
"But in the end, the human soul will ever reach for the truth."-Samus Aran
5 years ago#5
it is legit though :\

I suppose "hax" makes it sound a little too much like using a cheating device, when what I really meant was just that's it digging through game code and exploiting it for gain
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
5 years ago#6
You can't "legitimately" RNG for a shiny starter. Abusing the RNG for a shiny requires you to know your secret ID, which usually requires some extra hardware. For a starter, it absolutely requires the extra hardware.
5 years ago#7
well, you would just breed it later. He didn;t require the starter was shiny, just wanted a shiny torchic
5 years ago#8

well, you would just breed it later. He didn;t require the starter was shiny, just wanted a shiny torchic

Is this a new development? The PID generation for Emerald is a little funky, and last time I was doing this it wasn't well understood. At the time, breeding for shinies was not possible.
5 years ago#9

You can't "legitimately" RNG for a shiny starter. Abusing the RNG for a shiny requires you to know your secret ID, which usually requires some extra hardware. For a starter, it absolutely requires the extra hardware.

RNG the secret ID too?
Always interested in any Pokemon event distribution cartridges. My email is in my profile.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Emerald Version
  3. Possible to soft-reset for a shiny starter?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived