How to bind multiple keys to one command?

#1SnakeGartmanPosted 1/10/2009 11:25:42 AM
I wanna make faster shooting with pistols easier, so I want to make mouse2 attack as well as mouse1. How do I bind them both to attack?
---
"I mean I like to be passionate and sincere but I also like to have fun and act like a dork. Geeks unite." -Kurt Cobain
#2raphuPosted 1/10/2009 1:43:57 PM
Open up console with the tilde button (~) if you dont have it i think you go to either the multiplayer tab or the keyboard tap, then your click the button that says advance options. There should be a check box that says something with the ~ button then console. Then you type this into the console (without the 1st set of quotes) "bind mouse1 "+attack""

Honestly that is probably not the best way, with pistols, most of them have maximum attack speeds, the only pistol that doesn't is the dual elites (Honsetly, they arent that incredible). If you want to shoot fast with the dual elites, i suggest you bind the fire button to your mousewheel because clicking isnt NEARLY as fast, to bind it to your mousewheel type this (without the 1st set of quotes) "bind mwheelup "+attack"" and then "bind mwheeldown "+attack""
---
My ROFLKOPTR gowes SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI SOIS SOISOISOISOSISOISOSISOISOISOISOISOSIOS
#3thaandieselPosted 1/11/2009 10:54:31 AM
is there any way to bind the same command on two different buttons? i think thats what hes asking, n ide like to know myself, i wish it had the multiple spots per action like they did in the older series
#4AelfredusPosted 1/14/2009 7:06:13 AM
I have a different question: how to bind two actions to one key. I want to bind "space" to "Jump" and "Duck" so to "duck jump" and easily get on crates and those type of things.
---
What's Karma?
#5SkintPosted 1/14/2009 10:41:59 AM

Aelfredus posted...
I have a different question: how to bind two actions to one key. I want to bind "space" to "Jump" and "Duck" so to "duck jump" and easily get on crates and those type of things.
---

Try this in console.. (pess ~ if you have console enabled in options=>keyboard=>advanced)

type bind "SPACE" "+jump":"+duck"

Then press enter.

#6thaandieselPosted 1/14/2009 7:00:26 PM
are you sure quotes are supposed to be around SPACE? but ima try that next chance i get, ty
#7SkintPosted 1/14/2009 11:39:02 PM

thaandiesel posted...
are you sure quotes are supposed to be around SPACE? but ima try that next chance i get, ty

Crap, You're right... I don't think you need the quotes on space... my bad.

I dug this up about setting up binds too for those looking to make their own buy scripts, aliases etc...

CS:Source allows players to directly bind buy commands with the following procedures using the "buy" command and the item. Here is the usage, an example, and list of commands:

1. usage: buy item
2. Here are some examples:

a. To buy an AK47, simply type in the console: buy ak47

b. To buy a combination you can:

Make an alias:
alias m4combo "buy m4a1; buy vesthelm; buy primammo"
bind "q" "m4combo"

or direct bind:

bind z "buy m4a1; buy vesthelm; buy primammo"

3. Here is a list of weapon and equipment commands that work with the buy command, notice how some are different from previous versions of CS:

galil - IDF Defender
ak47 - CV-47
scout - Schmidt Scout
sg552 - Krieg 552
awp - Magnum Sniper Rifle
g3sg1 - D3/AU1
famas - Clarion 5.56
m4a1 - Maverick M4A1 Carbine
aug - Bullpup
sg550 - Krieg 550 Commando
glock - 9x19mm Sidearm
usp - KM .45 Tactical
p228 - 228 Compact
deagle - Night Hawk .50C
elite - .40 Dual Elites
fiveseven - ES Five-Seven
m3 - Leone 12 Gauge Super
xm1014 - Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun
mac10 - Ingram MAC-10
tmp - Schmidt Machine Pistol
mp5navy - KM Sub-Machine Gun
ump45 - KM UMP45
p90 - ES C90
m249 - M249
primammo - Primary Ammo
secammo - Secondary Ammo
vest - Kevlar
vesthelm - Kevlar+Helmet
flashbang - Flashbang
hegrenade - HE Grenade
smokegrenade - Smoke Grenade
nvgs - Nightvision
defuser - Defusal Kit

* Note - The "buyammo1" and "buyammo2" commands are available to buy one clip of ammo for your primary and secondary weapons respectively.

#8thaandieselPosted 1/15/2009 11:07:43 PM
gotcha, thanx for the list of commands...

bind mouse1 "say !RAWR!; kill" ftw........not really lol
#9AelfredusPosted 1/17/2009 1:02:42 PM
I tried everything that you guys said but I can't still bind the space key to the jump and the duck :S
---
What's Karma?
#10SkintPosted 1/17/2009 9:35:03 PM

Yeah sorry about that... I'm not exactly the best coder... I did look it up for ya' and found this.. try putting that in console when you join a game. Pretty sure you can paste that into your config.cfg file inside your cstrike/config folder to make sure it "sticks".

alias +cjump "+jump; +duck"
alias -cjump "-jump; -duck"

bind "space" "+cjump"