Best cleric build

#1eloogosciuPosted 8/12/2010 5:28:08 PM
Anyone? After playing with bard rdd ftr and etc mix of warrior who was just slashing through everything, I tought I want something I really liked in all dnd games - cleric, however I didnt play him because I wasn't sure I can build him well.

Do you have any suggestions about how should I make him? Any decent multiclassing and everything?
#2goldenmouthPosted 8/12/2010 6:35:27 PM
I don't understand, why would you want to kill slower?
If you're going to club baby seals over the head, do it in one stroke - don't torture them
---
XD @ the fat kid's rant about bullies. You sound like an after-school program on legs. Big, meaty sausage legs. - Absurd Questions to Thunderlips_, 2008.
#3StuflamesPosted 8/12/2010 7:13:35 PM
Ignore goldenmouth.

Do you want to concentrate more on frying stuff with spells or beating the crap out of stuff with weapons? Clerics tend to be great at the latter, but the former can be nice and extra slots are nice too.
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#4StuflamesPosted 8/12/2010 7:20:44 PM
Anyway, if you want a powerful melee, traditionally RP viable cleric that's playable 1-20 or 1-30 I have something like that here you can tweak to your taste:

http://nwn2db.com/build.php?id=22468&version=1

It's not the most powerful of its kind and not nearly as damaging as an Epic Divine Might version, but it doesn't do anything wrong and is playable and isn't as "cheesy" as some similar builds are.
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#5eloogosciu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2010 6:24:03 AM
Well I want something that has a decent melee damage, but some spellcasting is required, Im through with bashing heads without doing nothing, like with the fighter build I mentioned earlier.
Even fullcasterish cleric would be alright.
#6VinthPosted 8/16/2010 2:00:53 PM
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what would be a good way to build a spellcaster Cleric, i want to cast alot of spells, if possible, and not so much bashing with a mace. As a Wiz player normally, i though i'd try the other way of casting spells.
#7SlaynPosted 8/18/2010 8:49:34 PM
1. Put all your levles in cleric.

2. Put all your points in wisdom.

3. ???

4. Profit.
---
Keep making more workers.
#8d-rtyboyPosted 8/20/2010 7:22:50 PM
I like clerics because they suck unless you use your magic wisely. Makes the game more interesting that way.
#9HolyMistPosted 8/22/2010 7:38:03 PM
I like WIZARDS because they suck unless you use your magic wisely. Makes the game more interesting that way.

Fixd
#10happyscrub1Posted 8/25/2010 8:27:06 PM
cleric don't suck cause they can just cast heal on themselves and keep on going if they get close to dying while still having all the offensive capabilities as other classes. Can you say OP?
---
Question, how did world trade center building 7 (the -3rd- building to fall) collapse during 9/11?