The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Romance Options *possible spoilers*

#1JustinTheJaggedPosted 5/30/2008 12:49:15 AM
Now I know this has probably been asked a million times so I apologize in advance, but I was just curious who you can romance in this game. Elanee and Casavir seem to be possible ones, as do Neeshka and Bishop but are there any others, like Qara or Shandra?

Thank you.
---
"Knowing is half the battle, the other half is VIOLENCE."
#2vaarna_aarnePosted 5/30/2008 1:33:53 AM

Elanee and Casavir are indeed the ones who have the romances (the usual "Bioware BS")

Neeshka's and Bishop's romances were cut...

But Neeshka's romance has some stuff still there AND can give you a kickass finale. There's no Bioware romance BS, just grounding up dialogues with other NPCs, behavioural changes and dialogue option 3 in the finale. That's all I say. It's ironic that the best RPG romance is the one that was cut and never finished (that is, wasn't turned to BS).

Bishop's has some too, and he has a godawful romance mod you may wanna play for teh lulz if you don't value your sanity.

There doesn't seem to have ever been any plans for Qara or Shandra (OK, Shandra maybe, but no work was ever done).

#3JustinTheJagged(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2008 4:06:11 AM
Okay, thanks. I love some of bishops lines, so maybe I'll check out this mod, plus I could use the lulz, and never had use for sanity, anyways. And it's too bad about Neeshka, you can really see some potential there, saving her and all, but I guess that would have been too stereotypical.
---
"Knowing is half the battle, the other half is VIOLENCE."
#4vaarna_aarnePosted 5/30/2008 4:45:07 AM

JustinTheJagged posted...
Okay, thanks. I love some of bishops lines, so maybe I'll check out this mod, plus I could use the lulz, and never had use for sanity, anyways. And it's too bad about Neeshka, you can really see some potential there, saving her and all, but I guess that would have been too stereotypical.

Trust me, the potential is used just right in THE dialogue option in the finale.

As for the Bishop romance mod, it's not as bad as Nate or Saerileth for BG2, but still pretty goddamn horrible.

#5ToriasPosted 5/30/2008 6:58:11 AM
Elanee and Casavir? Wow, heh. Not my first choices ;p Elanee kinda gets on my nerves >.> Kind of hate when they railroad things like that.
---
"The Moral Of The Story:
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him." - RPG Cliche
#6vaarna_aarnePosted 5/30/2008 7:09:08 AM

Torias posted...
Elanee and Casavir? Wow, heh. Not my first choices ;p Elanee kinda gets on my nerves >.> Kind of hate when they railroad things like that.

Don't worry, they don't railroad you at all. You can even kill the Elanee or just tell her to **** off. Something at least my first character gladly told her after learning he barely avoided being raped by a elf hippie-stalker when he was a little boy playing tag with his friends.

One of the moments that warmed my jaded heart immensily was when Elanee complained how you spend so much time around Neeshka. It felt nice that the game seemed to react to the inane efforts at being impressive my Tank Mage did all the time. And THE dialogue option at the end (I take that single line over ALL the romance Bioware has pumped out, but I'd rather take a trip to grindland instead of those).

#7Amber KrossPosted 5/30/2008 11:25:25 AM
Wow, am I the only one who doesn't hate Elanee, shes so purdy. As for Neeshka, I do have to agree with the final dialog, that IS probably the best for her, though I personally would have liked to see more. And the Bishop mod is awful, but I couldn't help enjoying it as I made a huge half orc barbarian to squish poor bishop with her love >:)
---
Pwnage:
You came because I'm hot, you stay because your legs are missing.
#8vaarna_aarnePosted 5/30/2008 11:52:32 AM

Amber Kross posted...
Wow, am I the only one who doesn't hate Elanee, shes so purdy. As for Neeshka, I do have to agree with the final dialog, that IS probably the best for her, though I personally would have liked to see more. And the Bishop mod is awful, but I couldn't help enjoying it as I made a huge half orc barbarian to squish poor bishop with her love >:)

I'd wish for a huggy cutscene or even just an animation while that sexy beast Garius works his magic before I kick his ass.

The only female NPCs I hate more than Elanee are Bastila and Aerie. Mod NPCs like Saerileth aren't included, because they're all ****.

I'm playing the Bishop thread right now in Let's Play format on another forum. Adventures of Bard/Barbarian Paris Hilton.