Rogue Knight (Rogue/Fighter)

#1CaptainKOPosted 2/2/2009 4:18:11 PM
I'm not sure if anyone made this build yet. I just made this on the fly.

Human Rogue 19/Fighter 1 aka Rogue Knight

Non-Epic Status
Strength - 17 (+5)
Dexterity - 12
Constitution - 14
Intelligent - 13
Wisdom - 10
Charisma - 10

HD: 193
AB: 22

Equipment
Fullplate
Heavy Shield
Martial Weapon

Non-Epic Feats
1. Toughness, Luck of Heroes
2. Knockdown
3. Iron Will
6. Steadfast Determination
9. Weapon Focus
11. Improve Evasion
12. Improve Knockdown
14. Defensive Roll
15. Blind Fight
17. Cripple Strike
18. Great Fortitude
20. Slippery Mind

Skills
Appraise - 23
Intimidate - 23
Diplomacy - 23
Bluff - 23
Spellcraft - 10
Tumble - 23
Spot - 23
Listen - 23
Lore - 23
UMD - 23

None Saves
Fort - 12 +2 Spellcraft = 14
Reflex - 13 +2 Spellcraft = 15
Will - 11 +2 Spellcraft = 13

Epic Rogue Knight Rogue 29/Fighter 1

Epic Status
Strength - 21 (+2)
Dexterity - 13
Constitution - 14
Intelligent - 14
Wisdom - 10
Charisma - 12

Hit Die: 313
AB: 32

Epic Feats
21. Epic Prowess
23. Epic Precision
25. Epic Toughness, Epic Weapon Focus or Expose Weakness
27. Epic Sneak Attack
29. Epic Sneak Attack, Epic Sneak Attack
30. Epic Sneak Attack

Epic Skills
Craft Weapon or Appraise - 33
Intimidate - 33
Diplomacy - 33
Bluff (For OC) - 33
Spellcraft - 15
Taunt - 33
Tumble - 33
Spot - 33
Listen - 33
Lore - 33
UMD - 33

Epic Saves
Fort - 15 +3 Spellcraft = 18
Reflex - 19 +3 Spellcraft = 22
Will - 14 +3 Spellcraft = 17

19d6 for a total of 26 to 121 Sneak Attack damage +7 damage and 17 to 67 Sneak Attack on Precision.

The build is great for roleplaying, has decent saves, and does a lot of damage to non-critical/sneak attack opponents who turn their back. For defensive measures, it has Defensive Roll for damage Reduction, Improve Evasion for reduce magic damage, and slippery mind that allows for a double roll on will saves.

---
Check out my new book: Hunter's Frontier at
http://www.xlibris.com
#2TheShrike_Posted 2/2/2009 4:56:59 PM
The saves of this build actually seem really low. You're mixing a class with one good save with another that has one good save for a total really low save bonus, your spellcraft isn't extraordinary, and your relevant stats for saves aren't exactly maxed either. You get to reroll, but if you're facing a Wail of the Banshee at level 20 it will have a minimum dc of 10+9+4 (stat mod on a 19, needed to cast) =23, and that could go higher. Much higher. If you're failing that on 1-8 of the d20's results, equipment, feats such as spell focus, higher stat mods, and so forth will charitably about even out on both sides and you'll be left with having a 40% chance of failing. That's not absolutely terrible, but it's not 'really good saves', either.

I would recommend considering TWF; it synergizes with large static bonuses like sneak attack quite nicely. Also consider more than one level of some other class. Paladin 3 instead of 3 Rogue levels, for example, will add a bit to your saves, give you resistance to many undead-type things which will otherwise hurt you because you are offensively weak to undead and have to therefore deal with lots of disease, fear effects, etc.
---
Endure. In enduring, grow strong. (Planescape: Torment)
#3StuflamesPosted 2/2/2009 5:03:30 PM
With spellcasting support and equipment you usually end up with decent saves no matter what, but good saves are nice. Losing rogue levels changes a build quite a bit as rogue extra feats can do some interesting things, especially come epic levels (if that is an issue). There are other things you can do, but it will depend on what you are going for and what race you are picking.

Then again, upon review you've concentrated on Strength. I may advise concentrating on Dex, picking up some 2-weapon fighting feats, and also picking up epic dodge.
---
Robots are not to be trusted. - Murderface
GT: ShakeMeatLock
#4CaptainKO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2009 6:27:48 PM
The saves of this build actually seem really low. You're mixing a class with one good save with another that has one good save for a total really low save bonus, your spellcraft isn't extraordinary, and your relevant stats for saves aren't exactly maxed either. You get to reroll, but if you're facing a Wail of the Banshee at level 20 it will have a minimum dc of 10+9+4 (stat mod on a 19, needed to cast) =23, and that could go higher. Much higher. If you're failing that on 1-8 of the d20's results, equipment, feats such as spell focus, higher stat mods, and so forth will charitably about even out on both sides and you'll be left with having a 40% chance of failing. That's not absolutely terrible, but it's not 'really good saves', either.

Non-Epic Fort - 12 +2 Spellcraft = 14
4/+2 Constitution bonus item
+5 Fortitude or Universal save item
Non-Epic Total 21

Non-Epic Reflex - 13 +2 Spellcraft = 15
+5 Reflex or Universal save item
Total 20

Non-Epic Will - 11 +2 Spellcraft = 13
with 4/+2 Constitution bonus item
+5 Will or Universal save item
Total 20

DC 10 + Spell-level 9 + Intelligence Bonus of 19/+4 to 24/+7 for a 23 to 26 Non-epic DC.

Epic Fort - 15 +3 Spellcraft = 18
+5 Fortitude or Universal save item
Non-Epic Total 25

Epic Reflex - 19 +3 Spellcraft = 22
+5 Reflex or Universal save item
Total 27

Epic Will - 14 +3 Spellcraft = 17
+5 Will or Universal save item
Total 24

DC 10 + Spell-level 9 + Epic DC 3 + Intelligence Bonus of 19/+4 to 24/+7 for a 26 to 29 Epic DC.

That's with one +5 save boosting items none epic and +4 boots of striding. Even in a low magic server, the high resistance is +2 and I probably combine different resistance to get the same results.

I would recommend considering TWF; it synergizes with large static bonuses like sneak attack quite nicely. Also consider more than one level of some other class. Paladin 3 instead of 3 Rogue levels, for example, will add a bit to your saves, give you resistance to many undead-type things which will otherwise hurt you because you are offensively weak to undead and have to therefore deal with lots of disease, fear effects, etc.

With spellcasting support and equipment you usually end up with decent saves no matter what, but good saves are nice. Losing rogue levels changes a build quite a bit as rogue extra feats can do some interesting things, especially come epic levels (if that is an issue). There are other things you can do, but it will depend on what you are going for and what race you are picking.

Then again, upon review you've concentrated on Strength. I may advise concentrating on Dex, picking up some 2-weapon fighting feats, and also picking up epic dodge.

Then I might as well focus on being a PURE ROGUE as there would be no reason to wear heavy armor. Defeats the purpose of being a Rogue Knight now wouldn't it? Also if you hadn't notice the build got a lot more HP then your average Monk and Ranger. It's 47 points short of being equal or on par with your average Fighter or Paladin.

I also get more AC than the average Rogue because a rogue can get 17 Base/Dexterity +1 leather armor +5 enchantment for 23 AC additional AC from TWF. My build got 11 Base/Dexterity, +2 from a Heavy Shield +5 enchantment, +8 Full-Plate + 5 enchantment, and +2 from tumble AC for a total 33 AC. (Not counting any AC enchanting items)

Finally, I get +22 BAB of 30 levels + 1 WF + 2 EWF + 1 Prowess and 24/+7 from strength for 34 BAB. +5 Weapon would give me +39 AB and a bull strength can get 4/+2 for 41 AB. This will give me the ability to strike 6 with out enchantments and 8 with them. Sure a Rogue can hit more times than me, but my character can do, but I don't have to worry about a lack of a growth in my AC, HD, or hitting my target.

---
#5CaptainKO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2009 7:56:57 PM
give you resistance to many undead-type things which will otherwise hurt you because you are offensively weak to undead and have to therefore deal with lots of disease, fear effects, etc.

This goes back to companions I get. In the OC, I get a paladin and in Motb, I get a cleric. I can also get my hands on a handful scrolls to combat undead including blessed weapon scroll. Plus, Elanee's fire sword spell comes in handy when dealing with undead.

---
#6StuflamesPosted 2/2/2009 8:34:13 PM
Elanee's flame blade spell is beast early-game. I stick it on Khelgar at least, between high AB and Great cleave he really gets a lot of use out of it. Even late game if you pick up empower spell an empowered flame blade really can add a lot.
---
Robots are not to be trusted. - Murderface
GT: ShakeMeatLock
#7CaptainKO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2009 5:18:15 PM
I tried the build out in a training module, but three of the feats didn't turn up. Steadfast, EWF, and Luck of Heroes. I'm gonna have to suspend the build as oppose to discontinue it until I get the bottom of this. Highest roll it got exhibition was 56 on a sneak attack.

---
#8Talic0201Posted 2/7/2009 7:26:58 PM
Damn, terrible saves.
---
What would ExDeath do?
#9CaptainKO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2009 7:38:22 PM
Yep, they are coming from NWN2 Forums to troll here.

---