CD key invalid!? Bull****!

#1GeistManPosted 3/23/2009 7:38:05 PM
Okay, today I got a newer, better computer after my old one broke and I decided I wanna play NWN2 and after I typed in the cdkey that's in the manual, it gives me a message saying that it's invalid and I tried again, no luck. The first section of the key only has four letters/numbers and the rest have 5 and all the sections fit five letters/numbers only. I've installed and played it once before on my old computer and I pretty sure I typed the key as it is but now it's just refusing to work.

Please tell me this is not some anti-piracy thing they're trying to where once it's installed to one computer, it will only work on that computer and no other which is just plain stupid and I really really don't want to buy a new copy of what I already paid for years ago when it first came out. This the original release of NWN2 and not GOLD if that helps, I just want to know what the hell is up with it.
#2mjh410Posted 3/23/2009 8:33:36 PM
You should be able to install it as many times as you want on as many computers as you want as long as you have the CD Key and the CD when you play it. It sounds like you are just missing a letter, maybe the manual got worn down and disappeared? Look at the Key and try to determine if the missing letter would have been the first character in the group of 5 or the last, and then go one by one down the alphabet or 1-9 and see if it will work, or try to look on the CD itself, by going to My Computer and right clicking on your CD/DVD Rom and selecting Open. Search through the files and folders on the CD sometimes I think they put a copy of the CD Key in a text file on the CD. Don't know but maybe worth a try.
---
PSN: CableDawg410
#3GeistMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2009 10:44:25 PM
Thanks for your reply but out of boredom, I put in the CD key for Mask of the Betrayer that I bought separately when it first came out and to my surprise, it worked.... I looked at the manual many times and it doesn't look like a character got worn off and looks fairly clean and has been kept in a safe place for a long time but I never knew you can look for the key within the CD so that may be worth a try another time but could I even use the Mask of the Betrayer key again for the CD it was suppose to be designated to?
#4Were_WyrmPosted 3/24/2009 6:29:11 AM
If you have an account at Bioware's site and registered your copy of NWN2 you can get the CD on your account page.
---
This post is property of Were_Wyrm Quoting, pictures, or any other descriptions, without the expressed written consent of Were_Wyrm, is strictly prohibited.
#5Were_WyrmPosted 3/24/2009 6:29:28 AM
*CD key
---
PVP in WOW is like the special olympics, whether you win or lose you're still ********.
#6GeistMan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2009 8:17:01 PM
I never signed up for an account on their site but I appreciate the help guys, thanks.