Problem, cutscene doesn't start

#1andyrclarkPosted 6/23/2009 7:42:34 PM
At the first campaign mission, when you retreive the silver shard from the ruins, a cutscene with bevil is supposed to start, and you take the shard back to daegun.
I grabbed the shard, but there was no cutscene. I took the shard to daegun and he complains about me coming back empty handed, even though i have the shard.
What could have happened and how could i fix it?

I did install some other modules, but those should be completely seperate, right? Though im not sure, i'm new to trying them.

---
-----------------------------------------
GamerTag: ForbidHercules Online games I own: Soul Calibur 4, Tenchu Z, Rock Band, Skate
#2CaptainKOPosted 6/23/2009 7:46:30 PM
The bug you are experience is not happening it's figment of your imagination because NWN2 doesn't have bugs.
#3andyrclark(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2009 8:09:27 PM
-head explodes-

---
GamerTag: ForbidHercules Online games I own: Soul Calibur 4, Tenchu Z, Rock Band, Skate
#4andyrclark(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2009 5:40:32 PM
I've reinstalled the game twice yet the problem persists... =(
Nobody has any idea how to fix this?

---
#5Witch ElfPosted 6/26/2009 6:50:40 PM
I assume you patched the game as well.

Do you have anything in the Override folder when you were installing?
---
I wish for this night-time to last for a life-time
#6andyrclark(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2009 8:06:57 PM
No, nothing in the override folder.
And no, i didn't patch it. But i never patched it in the past and it still ran fine. (I played it on another computer. I'm trying to put it on my new one.

---
#7DarkfyrePosted 6/27/2009 2:15:37 AM
You should really try patching it before looking for other solutions. NWN2 was a bit notorious for being buggy on release. The patches solve a lot of bugs, one of which might be causing your problem.

---
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
#8s742617000027s1Posted 7/9/2009 4:05:00 PM
Same thing happened to me around 2 days ago (so I had a very new build as I just installed it then, though it was NWN2 Gold). None of the militia would talk to me except that one guy who would rave about his house at the North edge of town with equipment. Everyone else would either say "what's up" or just ignore me altogether.

My friends and I just restarted the whole thing from the beginning and it worked the second time around. Sometimes things just don't trigger correctly I guess.

---
1 b2 3 4 5 b6 7
1 b2 3 4 b5 6 7
#9sillysonyfanboyPosted 7/12/2009 8:03:50 AM
andyclark,

I experienced the same problem several times throughout the game (it seemed to get worse during the last third of the game). I solved the problem by simply loading an old save and fighting the battle again. However, this fix did not work when......

*SPOILERS*

....I had to take the Githyanki sword shards to the scar in West Harbor. I'd fight Bevil's mother when she turned to a shadow, walk to the shard, and.....nothing. I have the latest version of the game (Gold edition, plus patches). I was close to the end of the game, so I just said, "Screw it!" I went ahead and exported my character and started the "Mask of the Betrayer" campaign. However, if someone knows how to get around the West Harbor scar glitch and wouldn't mind telling me the secret, I would appreciate it. I sank many hours in the "Neverwinter NIghts 2" campaign. Pity that I couldn't finish the game.
---
"No, I will never fail you, through to the end--your guardian standing by your side or worlds away!" --Apollo in "The Eumenides "