Compatibility issues with Win 7 64bit

#1trastamad03Posted 12/14/2009 11:02:56 AM

Hey guys,

Was anyone succesful installing nwn2 on windows 7 64bit? I just get an error when I let the autorun take over and when I try to manually run the setup.exe i get an incompatibility error. I tried setting it to XP SP2 compatibility mode, but doesn't work. I also tried the dxdiagn.dll fix that i found from googling and that didn't work out either...

Any ideas? :(

Thanks

#2Peppita_NelPosted 12/14/2009 1:34:51 PM
i could install the game...and i have win 7 ultimate x64
i dont know how to help you though :(
check if you can go into the dvd folder and use the setup.exe instead and use it as admin rights

---
It takes a wide-screen to fully capture Homer Simpson's stupidity.
#3atrevelanPosted 12/16/2009 6:13:14 PM
I got NWN2 as a digital download and had zero problems installing it on Win7, so I can't really speak to installing it from a DVD.

I've also experienced zero crashes or compatibility issues, so I don't really know what problem you're having.
#4GendoKunPosted 12/29/2009 11:25:08 AM
I'm guessing the OP hasn't had any further troubles since they never replied, but for the sake of anyone else who looks, I'll install NWN2 Gold from DVD tonight and report back with my results. I'm running Win7 Ultimate x64. One thing to try, which I've been doing since Vista is install to root:\Users\Public\Games. Program Files and Program Files x86 are protected folders, so you'll cause yourself far fewer headaches not installing there.
---
I'm a pessimist. I see the glass half empty...and kill the *censored* drinking half my milk...