NWN2 IS BROKEN. D:< help me?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights 2
  3. NWN2 IS BROKEN. D:< help me?
6 years ago#1
Last time I played Nwn2 was last December, and everything worked perfectly fine. But I got bored with it, and dad uninstalled it, and blahblahblah.
I want to play again, so I attempted re-installing it today. When I tried to install Nwn2, I entered the serial key thing, and it said it was an invalid code. I proceeded to re-enter the thing 12 times, and each time it said it was invalid, where it had previously worked. -.-
So, I was like, forget this.
I grabbed MoTB out of the case, and installed it perfectly fine, including the autopatch. Got started, and when I finished the first silver shard quest, the cut scene didn't pop up. When I return to town, Daeghun tells me I'm empty handed, blahblahblah. I've researched this, and apparently it's a common problem. But I don't understand how to fix it. Help? ._.
6 years ago#2
Im having a similar problem. I've got to the point where i have been accused of murdering the town and i need to talk to sir grayson in the city watch headquarters, but he isnt there. I fear that we both caused some glitch and we are going to have to start the game over.
6 years ago#3
No, its just a common bug Everyone who only installs MoTB without updating the game will experience it 100% of the time.... just update you game it should fix itself.......and if you install SoZ you also need to update again...
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
6 years ago#4

Plaptor posted...
Last time I played Nwn2 was last December, and everything worked perfectly fine. But I got bored with it, and dad uninstalled it, and blahblahblah. I want to play again, so I attempted re-installing it today. When I tried to install Nwn2, I entered the serial key thing, and it said it was an invalid code. I proceeded to re-enter the thing 12 times, and each time it said it was invalid, where it had previously worked. -.- So, I was like, forget this. I grabbed MoTB out of the case, and installed it perfectly fine, including the autopatch. Got started, and when I finished the first silver shard quest, the cut scene didn't pop up. When I return to town, Daeghun tells me I'm empty handed, blahblahblah. I've researched this, and apparently it's a common problem. But I don't understand how to fix it. Help? ._.

The serial numbers on NWN2 gold were flip flopped, the motb serial is for the OC, and the OC serial is for MOTB.

1. Boards
  2. Neverwinter Nights 2
  3. NWN2 IS BROKEN. D:< help me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived