NWN2 IS BROKEN. D:< help me?

#1PlaptorPosted 8/5/2010 4:32:18 PM
Last time I played Nwn2 was last December, and everything worked perfectly fine. But I got bored with it, and dad uninstalled it, and blahblahblah.
I want to play again, so I attempted re-installing it today. When I tried to install Nwn2, I entered the serial key thing, and it said it was an invalid code. I proceeded to re-enter the thing 12 times, and each time it said it was invalid, where it had previously worked. -.-
So, I was like, forget this.
I grabbed MoTB out of the case, and installed it perfectly fine, including the autopatch. Got started, and when I finished the first silver shard quest, the cut scene didn't pop up. When I return to town, Daeghun tells me I'm empty handed, blahblahblah. I've researched this, and apparently it's a common problem. But I don't understand how to fix it. Help? ._.
#2nick5137Posted 8/5/2010 11:53:30 PM
Im having a similar problem. I've got to the point where i have been accused of murdering the town and i need to talk to sir grayson in the city watch headquarters, but he isnt there. I fear that we both caused some glitch and we are going to have to start the game over.
#3engimamanPosted 8/6/2010 1:07:40 PM
No, its just a common bug Everyone who only installs MoTB without updating the game will experience it 100% of the time.... just update you game it should fix itself.......and if you install SoZ you also need to update again...
---
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why people appear bright before you hear them speak."
#4PainEternalPosted 8/6/2010 1:13:34 PM

Plaptor posted...
Last time I played Nwn2 was last December, and everything worked perfectly fine. But I got bored with it, and dad uninstalled it, and blahblahblah. I want to play again, so I attempted re-installing it today. When I tried to install Nwn2, I entered the serial key thing, and it said it was an invalid code. I proceeded to re-enter the thing 12 times, and each time it said it was invalid, where it had previously worked. -.- So, I was like, forget this. I grabbed MoTB out of the case, and installed it perfectly fine, including the autopatch. Got started, and when I finished the first silver shard quest, the cut scene didn't pop up. When I return to town, Daeghun tells me I'm empty handed, blahblahblah. I've researched this, and apparently it's a common problem. But I don't understand how to fix it. Help? ._.

The serial numbers on NWN2 gold were flip flopped, the motb serial is for the OC, and the OC serial is for MOTB.