black garius final fight bug? (spoilers i guess)

#1LusiphurXPosted 3/14/2011 10:36:03 AM
So i'm near the end of the original campaign when you fight black garius with bishop. For me only sand and bishop went against me.

I've killed everyone except Sand and black garius but he keeps healing? What the hell is this. He literally healed like 10+ times, i see his health (near death) then suddenly it goes up to barely injured. I've read on google other people had this bug also but no resolution. Anyone have info on this? You can't use nameless scrolls on him. Do you have to kill all the other people before him? Like Sand/bishop etc.
#2Yuki_RitoPosted 3/14/2011 1:20:48 PM
You need to destroy all the statues at the end of the fight. which is obvious.

you also need to destroy the portal which keeps restoring his HP.

He's sorta standing on top of it, so its hard to see, I missed it myself without checking a FAQ.

then you whack him until he dies.
#3LusiphurX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 2:11:01 PM
Cool thanks, didn't expect to get this fast a response.

I will try when I get home.
#4lucky769Posted 3/15/2011 12:09:18 PM

Yuki_Rito posted...
You need to destroy all the statues at the end of the fight. which is obvious.

you also need to destroy the portal which keeps restoring his HP.

He's sorta standing on top of it, so its hard to see, I missed it myself without checking a FAQ.

then you whack him until he dies.

The above is forthat big Shadow boss at the end of the game, but for Black Garius you have to keep him from recharging at the portal by pounding him senseless. It's hard to do by your self, but with one of your other companions it is quite simple.

#5red255Posted 3/27/2011 12:39:56 PM
lucky769 posted...

Yuki_Rito posted...

You need to destroy all the statues at the end of the fight. which is obvious.you also need to destroy the portal which keeps restoring his HP.He's sorta standing on top of it, so its hard to see, I missed it myself without checking a FAQ.then you whack him until he dies.

The above is forthat big Shadow boss at the end of the game, but for Black Garius you have to keep him from recharging at the portal by pounding him senseless. It's hard to do by your self, but with one of your other companions it is quite simple.

Just replayed the fight. You start with alot of people seporated by walls of energy which you have to bash

Only Qara turned against me, Bishop wandered off. was like Screw this, Im out of here. Got his whole backstory and everything this time, failed my diplo check to get him back.

I think I lost Grobnar, Sand and Zhaveve because my party was seporated and I was not able to locate them before they got slaughtered. Using the Healing Statue ability is a good idea... but they still crumble, give sand Premonition to keep him alive I guess, cast it before the fight. Not that it matters, once Black garius goes down you can rest for the next fight.

I think he just respawned once at the portal before going down. wasn't a tough fight beyond my support characters dying Neeska and Construct kept him busy mostly while I was figuring out the walls of energy.

Frankly the 3 shadow reavers in the fight before hand were harder.

so I assumed he was talking about the Final fight with the King of shadows, which is ... hit him. he starts spawning dudes from the statues, kill those too, and then smash the statues (leave the healing one till last, keep using that to keep your party fine while they tank him. and then smash the portal

Finished this time less than 4000 XP short of level 21 and bane of enemies and the extra 3 attacks per round. Which probably would have ended the fight faster.
---
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.