Self-Buffing Invisible Blade Build?

#1SorlinPosted 5/13/2011 6:11:32 PM
Hey.

After reviewing a lot of the Power Builds on the wiki, it seems the Kaze no Kama is considered the most powerful, if not one of the most powerful, builds in the game and I appreciate that the person who made the build included so many different approache, with the Drow one being my favorite since I prefer that race to the Air Genasi. However, I was wondering if there was anyway to make an effective self-buffing Invisible Blade or Assassin build of either a human, moon elf, tiefling, or drow since I find those races the most aesthetically appealing to me. If the character can possess any arcane prowess or such, icing on the cake (though I doubt it's possible).

I want Rogue/Cleric/Invisible Blade with maybe some Fighter or Assassin in there for good measure, but for Assassin I'll need to make my character Evil. The firs three come first, though. If anyone can help this newbie out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Signed, Sorlin
---
HeartGold FC: 0819 3345 4999 Lyra -- White FC: 0175 0642 6945 Hilda
#2Sorlin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2011 9:32:03 AM
Hey.

I decided to cut the cleric aspect of the build entirely, but I kept the Rogue/Fighter/Invisible Blade in there. Here's a link to my build. Please, any suggestions for improvement would be wonderful.

http://nwn2db.com/build.php?id=61803&version=1

Thank you for your time, and I do plan on resetting the skills.

Signed, Sorlin
---
#3Sorlin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2011 12:52:57 PM
Build was redone after taking some suggestions into consideration. Any further assistance would be most welcome:

http://nwn2db.com/build.php?id=61892&version=1

Thank you again for your time.

Signed, Sorlin
---
#4StuflamesPosted 5/14/2011 9:08:43 PM
Says the build is no longer available. . .

Anyway, getting rid of cleric was probably smart, it's a great class but requires a lot of investment to make worthwhile (unless it's just used as a "splash"), same as rogue and related prestige classes, so they don't usually fit that well together.
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#5Sorlin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2011 10:52:51 PM
Okay, made some vital changes to the build. Here is version three:

http://nwn2db.com/build.php?id=61911&version=1

Give me your thoughts for improvement.

Signed, Sorlin
---
#6StuflamesPosted 5/15/2011 12:05:04 PM
You can go as tiefling (cancels your rogue levels for XP penalty), since you seem to like that race better aesthetically than Air G and it boosts your stealth a little which is welcome.

If you want a feat other than Imp Crit it's not doing a whole lot for you. . .though with Combat Insight and EWSpecialzation there's worse, and there may not be a load of other feats you want to get so maybe leave it, up to you.
---
#7StuflamesPosted 5/16/2011 2:53:49 PM(edited)
If it's not too late, also change out the Armor Skin feat for a Great Dex +1.

Unless you're relying on an odd end bonus to Dex from equipment.

Armor skin gives +1 AC.

Another Dex modifier will give you +1 AC, and on top of that +1 to AB (very desirable here) and +1 to dex related skills, which includes your stealth skills.

And, this is really probably too late if you've already started, but I'd also consider lowering starting Int by 2 and putting those points into Dex. You're out 1 damage (Eventually) and 1 skill/33 skill points. That's not good, but compared with the above bonuses you get from extra Dex and getting them the whole time while you're leveling I'd side with the extra Dex over extra Int.
---