So, a couple of questions I have regarding the end...*Spoilers*

#1DexterTheThirdPosted 1/18/2013 2:38:20 PM
Third time playing through this wonderful game, and there were some things that occurred to me this time around that I wanted to ask about...

- Why does Boyd just stand there after opening the Asylum for you, and only at the very very end does he throw his milk? I'm also a bit confused as to WHAT his mission was. Did Coach Olleander hypnotize him to guard the asylum (according to the reel) or was he hired to burn the place down to "leave no evidence" of the Coach's hideout once Olleander had his army of tanks? And if his mission was the second, why didn't he just start burning the place down as soon as he walked through the gate and armed himself with his gasoline-milk?

- When Ford shows up to hit Olleander with the pepper spray, he has part of the Psitanium core strapped to his back (supposedly to keep him from devolving into his split personalities). Was it an inconsistency on the dev's part that he doesn't have it on his back in later cutscenes (i.e. the scene before Coach blasts everybody with the tank) or did something happen to make it OK?

- Do we ever get any more background on Gloria's mother and agent guy that sent Gloria away, other than the play parts about it? I was really hoping for a reel that detailed some of the backstory better on Gloria's guardians. Can anybody summarize what Gloria's story was?

Thanks for any help.
---
RIP Hero Fly Chao http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/23/238561.png
New posters, read: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#2DexterTheThird(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 4:09:17 PM
Also wanted to ask...Is there any way I can delve into the steam files and enable access to powers early? Unlike the console versions there don't appear to be any push-button cheats, and I was curious in case I want to Confusion Grenade everything on my next playthrough, whenever that is.
---
RIP Hero Fly Chao http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/23/238561.png
New posters, read: http://pbskids.org/arthur/games/factsopinions/
#3JoveHackPosted 1/19/2013 12:23:37 PM
DexterTheThird posted...
- Why does Boyd just stand there after opening the Asylum for you, and only at the very very end does he throw his milk? I'm also a bit confused as to WHAT his mission was. Did Coach Olleander hypnotize him to guard the asylum (according to the reel) or was he hired to burn the place down to "leave no evidence" of the Coach's hideout once Olleander had his army of tanks? And if his mission was the second, why didn't he just start burning the place down as soon as he walked through the gate and armed himself with his gasoline-milk?

Boyd was highly conflicted about his mission. That's what Raz found out when journeying into Boyd's mind.

Given Boyd's mental state, there's no real telling what actually happened.

- When Ford shows up to hit Olleander with the pepper spray, he has part of the Psitanium core strapped to his back (supposedly to keep him from devolving into his split personalities). Was it an inconsistency on the dev's part that he doesn't have it on his back in later cutscenes (i.e. the scene before Coach blasts everybody with the tank) or did something happen to make it OK?

Inconsistency is my guess.

- Do we ever get any more background on Gloria's mother and agent guy that sent Gloria away, other than the play parts about it? I was really hoping for a reel that detailed some of the backstory better on Gloria's guardians. Can anybody summarize what Gloria's story was?

All we know is what we see in Gloria's mind, which is Gloria's version of reality. It's entirely possible she overdramatized it.

Which is something to remember about everything we see in someone's mind in the game. This is their version of reality, which we might not even recognize if we'd seen what actually happened.

Good questions, though.

Now for your assignment.

- Use Clairvoyance on everyone and everything.
- Use cheat codes to use Confusion Grenades on the G-Men in the milkman conspiracy. (See below).
- Show both the cake and Mr. PokeyLope to everyone in the Camp.

Also wanted to ask...Is there any way I can delve into the steam files and enable access to powers early? Unlike the console versions there don't appear to be any push-button cheats, and I was curious in case I want to Confusion Grenade everything on my next playthrough, whenever that is.

The cheat codes have to been entered pretty quickly, as I recall. Try doing them faster and see if that helps.

Otherwise I'm not sure what can be done. It would be a shame if you couldn't see the effects of the Confusion Grenades on the G-men.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#4unasmnglocalguyPosted 1/22/2013 7:53:09 AM
The cheat codes work just fine on steam. You just need to rebind at least one of the shift and tab keys so that you don't end up pressing shift-tab while entering the code. Using a controller also works.
---
"I'm starting to feel like I'm back in high school! Which is weird, because I'm only ten." -Raz