SRW Original Generation 2 Board FAQ V2

#191chinmiboyPosted 6/25/2011 12:05:48 PMmessage detail
after looking at those codes you guys posted. i kinda wondered why the developer makes OG series so complicated to hack.

look at R or D even J! one codes/value address. voila! all done! mech and weapons! lol
#192xXRendanXxPosted 6/26/2011 9:21:09 PMmessage detail
I don't know about you chin but I think it's kind of fun that the developers made it more challenging.
#193chinmiboyPosted 6/27/2011 8:50:27 AMmessage detail
xXRendanXx posted...
I don't know about you chin but I think it's kind of fun that the developers made it more challenging.

well it is fun :D......
if you do have the codes and know how to use them, no matter how many step it took to get a hacking mech works lol
#194whoami55Posted 8/21/2011 8:00:54 PMmessage detail
Hi,

I'm new to codebreaker and I want to add a Waldung, a Fylgia, and a Sorpressa with functional weapons. With the codebreaker guide, I can only add in empty shells with 1 HP, 1EN, no weapons....etc. I see the steel knife trick, but these units can't equip those unfortunately...

Also, I'd also like to add in 3 new pilots for those vehicles. The codes I've seen only modify existing ones (I don't want to do that), and I tried to use the add mech trick to add pilots but that didn't work. I saw one topic with adding a new Kyosuke but he had 0 stats in everything. How would I fill those up?

Thank you for your time and patience.
#195whoami55Posted 8/26/2011 1:58:19 PMmessage detail
Nevermind, I got the Waldung and co. in, but unfortunately adding in EFA pilots will cause the game to freeze during cutscenes....
#196whoami55Posted 8/26/2011 7:43:57 PMmessage detail
So how do I modify an individual pilot's stats instead of raising the whole team's stats to max level?
#197chinmiboyPosted 9/11/2011 2:37:50 PMmessage detail
whoami55 posted...
So how do I modify an individual pilot's stats instead of raising the whole team's stats to max level?

please verify HOW exactly do you want to to modify the stats? with codebreaker or by way of hex hack?

with codebreaker,
you prbably only need one code that is the unlimited pilot points, its here somewhere on the faq made by XU_XIE_yu, then just apply it normally in-game, whichever stat you want to maxed out

with hex, well i don't know if im allowed to say the name of hex tool on gamefaqs.

hope it helps
#198chinmiboyPosted 9/11/2011 2:42:46 PMmessage detail
whoami55 posted...
Nevermind, I got the Waldung and co. in, but unfortunately adding in EFA pilots will cause the game to freeze during cutscenes....

replacing existing characters/mech that you don;t like to use, IT is so much easier than to add a completely new character/mech.
because you have to figure out the format for each unit/character data to make it work, otherwise just an existing one and change a few values and voila,

ex, Russel and his Gespent mkII, to let say,... Axel and Soulgain. then slowly change its mech attack name, pilot face.
#199fireminerPosted 11/29/2012 3:03:41 PMmessage detail
Hey,I used the Codebreakers to add a new mech,but every time i do so,the new mech has NO WEAPON.How can i fix this?
P/S:I can not use the Weapon code either.
#200chinmiboyPosted 12/23/2012 3:08:55 PMmessage detail
fireminer posted...
Hey,I used the Codebreakers to add a new mech,but every time i do so,the new mech has NO WEAPON.How can i fix this?
P/S:I can not use the Weapon code either.

one of the things i find it frustrating is the weapon code. Banpresto made it so complicated in this one. other sequel after this one, are much easier! just enter one code (unit code) it will change everything, weapons, unit status/data, etc...

Tips: it is much easier to change one unit to another than adding a completely new mech in a new unit slot...

ok, for the weapon, i believe:
1. you have to dig in to hex address of each weapon slots of that unit, take notes of that address value, that is the value of a weapon the unit originally have.

2.then using xu_xie_yu weapon codes, you also have to enter the codebreaker to that specific slot order of the unit. and changes the original value, to whichever weapon you want to use

3. then, save the game normally via: intermission menu...after that it will be permanently changed.

exp:i going to use Kyosuke's Alt Eisen, because his unit is in the first hex order, based on the game's data. I believe, from 8200C430xxxx to 8200C440xxxx (this is already in Codebreaker format, thanks to xu_xie_yu). his weapon value ranging from 0014 to 0019.

Find whichever weapon u want to use, I gonna use Axel Soulgain tiger bite 017c

Now with this data, enter the codebreaker weapon address: 8200C430017c. and check if the name of weapons changes accordingly to your preferences.

if everything fine, save normally. enjoy!