Lamia *spoiler*

#1Fourth_BonkuraPosted 5/10/2009 2:51:59 PM
So is Lamia a robot, a cyborg or some sort of genetically engineered human being?

At first I thought that the Numbers were robots (what with Lamia's malfunctioning voice) but isn't Wodan a clone?
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#2suchiuomizuPosted 5/10/2009 3:04:21 PM
Wodan is an exception, the others are androids.
#3Kaiser99Posted 5/10/2009 3:06:42 PM
Lamia's an android (think Data from Star Trek), there's no dispute there. Same with the others in the W-series.

Wodan is the exception, as he's kinda murky. He is either the resurrection of the dead SMverse Sanger (thus somewhat like Lemon herself being resurrected SMverse Excellen) or a W-series created COMPLETELY based on Sanger's template + personality (with Magnus as his protectee).

This is because, as per Lamia, SMverse's Sanger is "missing in action" - either he's dead and Lemon resurrected him as Wodan, or he's dead and Lemon made W15 based on SMverse Sanger. They've never explictly stated that Wodan IS the "MIA" SMverse Sanger, but it's a good chance he is.
#4Fourth_Bonkura(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2009 5:05:39 PM
Thank you.

They've never explictly stated that Wodan IS the "MIA" SMverse Sanger, but it's a good chance he is.

If he is then Lemon is far better at brainwashing than anyone in the OG Universe. (Then again she's not decrepit and insane so that's got to work in her favour).

Since Lamia is a gynoid... well... shouldn't Lemon have known that she was capable of experiencing emotions? I mean that's the sort of thing you'd want to remember about your merciless killbots.

Speaking of Lemon, did she exist in SRW Advance? If not who built the Numbers there?
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#5Kaiser99Posted 5/10/2009 7:24:54 PM
Lemon is also in A and the creator of the W-series as well. Not sure if it was the same background, though, where she was a "dead" person resurrected by her parents, but she's not 100% human either in SRW A.

Lamia is well aware of her emotion capabilities (she was the "most" advance one afterall, the pinnacle of Lemon's creations), but you have to remember, this is her first "mission", so it's not like she had time to develop those emotions nor come to an understand about them. To her, they're still foreign to her, hence her surprise and confusion as each one came up.
#6Shui GorPosted 5/14/2009 5:26:43 AM
Since Lamia is a gynoid... well... shouldn't Lemon have known that she was capable of experiencing emotions? I mean that's the sort of thing you'd want to remember about your merciless killbots.

don't forget that lemon wanted her W-numbers to achieve free will on their own, even if they had limitations. lamia, being the most recent and advanced of the numbers, did so, to which lemon proclaims her work is complete
---
Bunny Excellen (http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7218/d670afc1a75b55c350143c0vn9.jpg) or bunny Kagami (http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3029/kagamijb9.jpg)?
#7MarsDragonPosted 5/14/2009 9:10:54 AM
About Wodan, I recall that if you have Sanger fight Vindel in the White Star showdown Vindel says something basically implying that he killed SMverse Sanger, and now he's going to take our Sanger too. Sanger of course says that he's not going to let Vindel make another Wodan.

...yeah, I don't remember it too well. Anyone around that point in the game who can check?
---
So many books, so little time.
http://www.livejournal.com/community/cv_fanfic/
#8red255Posted 5/14/2009 9:28:20 AM
Lamia had ... order hierarchy that was damaged during the transit, and because she was cut off communication wise she couldn't re-establish her orders... and had to make assumptions and use her free will.

basically the super science of the transporter allowed for the possibility of her vessel developing a soul.

Echinda was shown to has some emotion as well, or at least the ability to disobey orders, she just wasn't in a position to let them grow.
---
Anybody saying this is anime of the year will immediately be shut down when FMA comes out. -cloudvstidus4life | Posted: 2/17/2009
#9Shui GorPosted 5/14/2009 12:43:05 PM
About Wodan, I recall that if you have Sanger fight Vindel in the White Star showdown Vindel says something basically implying that he killed SMverse Sanger, and now he's going to take our Sanger too. Sanger of course says that he's not going to let Vindel make another Wodan.

...yeah, I don't remember it too well. Anyone around that point in the game who can check?

it might have been retconned by OG2 in OGs for the PS2, so i'm still entirely unsure at whether SMverse sanger was KIA'd by wodan or simply MIA
---
Bunny Excellen (http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7218/d670afc1a75b55c350143c0vn9.jpg) or bunny Kagami (http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3029/kagamijb9.jpg)?
#10red255Posted 5/14/2009 12:47:56 PM
As I recall its MIA, but I'm rather foggy on the issue.
---
Anybody saying this is anime of the year will immediately be shut down when FMA comes out. -cloudvstidus4life | Posted: 2/17/2009