Moon Cradle - Crevice

#1ShunWolfkinPosted 6/17/2012 2:18:19 AM
Alright this annoys the crap out of me. . . Why can't I fly over the crevice?! Even purely airbound units that can't land can't fly over the crevice(seriously a space battleship can't fly over the crevice?!).

That clearly just broke my suspension of disbelief. I Imagine the Spc terrain is the one used on this stage? Still you would think flight capable units could jump the crevice!
#2crunchy612Posted 6/17/2012 7:16:22 AM
Yeah, i feel ya. Good thing the initial units are dodge machines. Well, only one unit seemed to attract and laugh at enemy fire anyway. <3 Ibis.

Story wise, i have no idea why the crevice is unpassable. Maybe it's too huge(....) or too wide and would cost too much fuel to jump through?
---
Final Fantasy Marathon! Finished: III, IV, V, VII VIII Currently Playing: IX
Yet to finish/refinish: I, II, IV: TAY, VI, VII:CC, Tactics: WotL
#3redtide1962Posted 6/18/2012 9:35:01 AM
Isn't it normal in other SRWs to have space terrain but land/flight modes are still active, as if the space terrain (like air/land/water/space) still behaved like land in terms of moving about the map, like "forest/mountain" tiles for space that decrease movement unless flight is enabled? Other maps would have the "real" space terrain, where every unit is essentially grounded (asteroids and such would require greater movement).

For a crevice like that, I believe that air units should be able to freely move over it since this is obviously possible in other SRWs, because "moon maps" essentially behave like a space version of earth, with earth rules instead of space rules that you get on true "space maps".

Anyway, while this is one of those things that really bothered me about these types of games, I must say that there is no comparison to the "black pipes" in Advance Wars 2. Honestly, I do not even know where to start with my complaints about that... that... mechanic.
#4crunchy612Posted 6/18/2012 6:59:11 PM
^agreed. How high would those pipes be for Bombers and Fighters to not be able to cross em. >_>
---
Final Fantasy Marathon! Finished: III, IV, V, VII VIII Currently Playing: IX
Yet to finish/refinish: I, II, IV: TAY, VI, VII:CC, Tactics: WotL