Some comments on Elz-- I mean Ratsel

#1LeeDerLanPosted 12/6/2012 12:45:33 AM
is it just me, am i simply biased,
or is Ratsel a little ridiculous?

i mean.. the guy comes in the game with a AAAA terrain, flight capable mech, and on top of that it has gravity territory AND more importantly double image.

let alone all of that, ratsel also has genius, so you basically have excellen and latooni merged as one pilot.

why do the game creators like this character so much?

the only reason i noticed he was such a good pilot was because i noticed Ibis was sitting next to him in a size S Calion, and she can't even dodge half as well as he can.

what's the deal?

what's your opinion on this ex-agressor, and is there any fun way for me to use him?
#2FlamingHopps67Posted 12/6/2012 8:46:10 AM
LeeDerLan posted...
is it just me, am i simply biased,
or is Ratsel a little ridiculous?

i mean.. the guy comes in the game with a AAAA terrain, flight capable mech, and on top of that it has gravity territory AND more importantly double image.

let alone all of that, ratsel also has genius, so you basically have excellen and latooni merged as one pilot.

why do the game creators like this character so much?

the only reason i noticed he was such a good pilot was because i noticed Ibis was sitting next to him in a size S Calion, and she can't even dodge half as well as he can.

what's the deal?

what's your opinion on this ex-agressor, and is there any fun way for me to use him?

Raetsel is a skilled pilot. He comes from a military family and has shown on several occasions that he's capable of holding his own against bad odds. Every Personal Trooper pilot wouldn't be able to pilot their PT as effectively if it weren't motion data that he, Sanger, Kai, and Gilliam had a hand in creating.

Ibis sucks due to the fact that Ibis starts out incredibly sucky from a storyline standpoint (her stats reflect this). She hasn't got to the point were she's overcome her confidence issues (this doesn't happen until 2nd OG). However once she does overcome those issues she becomes unstoppable.
---
Putting this here so I don't forget...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1781154
#3LeeDerLan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 5:14:26 PM
^ahh that makes a lot of sense, so it's all about character development.

thanks for the input :]

i hope the developers release another game in english, or else i'm going to have to learn japanese to really indulge in the SRW universe haha
#4MarsDragonPosted 12/6/2012 7:03:12 PM
Start studying.
---
So many books, so little time.
http://www.livejournal.com/community/cv_fanfic/
#5jonnovision1Posted 12/7/2012 9:05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Ibis doesn't get a story-related stat boost in this one, she just has huge stat growths on level up after 50 or so.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
#6FlamingHopps67Posted 12/7/2012 10:16:56 PM
2nd OG being the recently released PS3 OG title that picks up where OG Gaiden left off...not OG2 the GBA game.
---
Putting this here so I don't forget...
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm1781154
#7redtide1962Posted 12/8/2012 12:58:15 AM
Isn't Ibis the only pilot to naturally have the 100% damage offensive support skill, whatever it's called? That never made sense to me, based on either the design of her character or her mech...

like I understand just one pilot in the game having it to start out with for whatever reason, but usually the natural abilities reflect something having to do with the character (like Latooni having genius) or reflecting something to do with the mech (like the combo attack for Katina/Masaki/Kai) but not necessarily their personalities. For Ibis, perhaps I just don't see it either way.
#8LeeDerLan(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2012 9:20:46 PM
in what cases have you guys/girls found Ibis to be useful?

i like her ace bonus, it helps w/ resupply :D
#9jonnovision1Posted 12/9/2012 1:11:55 AM
LeeDerLan posted...
in what cases have you guys/girls found Ibis to be useful?

i like her ace bonus, it helps w/ resupply :D

err... how? unless you get the skill, resupply isn't post-move
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
#10redtide1962Posted 12/9/2012 1:44:29 AM
Although I haven't finished it yet, I'm playing through Ex-Hard without upgrades. I'm using parts and any secret items/weapons/mechs that I feel like using, but I am requiring myself to get every battle mastery (which kills any abuse of using the game-over trick). I'm not using any PP and I am not spending any money on anything, basically.

However, before this run I completed a regular Hard-mode run without upgrades using the same criteria (not spending PP, not buying anything, but still allowing myself to use parts and available secrets), and in order to most efficiently earn battle masteries and extra parts that may be useful for the challenge, dealing as much damage in a single attack to bosses is relevant because they tend to run away at a certain health%, and it makes it easier to expend less resources in order to kill them before that happens when you have the ability to deal more damage naturally (by using stronger characters, stronger weapons in addition to better placement/skills/strategy/etc).

Anyway, I used Ibis in this run (although I also used Lune for this purpose for quite a while) because she happens to be the only pilot in the game with the 100% offensive support skill. Other pilots only deal about 70% of their damage when they make an offensive support. Having this skill essentially increases that damage by nearly 43%. This makes Ibis the best supporting attacker in the game, given my restrictions on not upgrading anything including pilot stats and skills. Lune comes close because her stats are generally better and she gets love bonuses and her other abilities give her a lot of extra damage, but the 70% modifier really kills her and no one can come close to Ibis because of it.

so put me down for feeling as if I had found a use for Ibis.