When is the best time to start killing off gangs?

#1Nodonn3Posted 4/27/2010 5:06:07 PM
Picked this up a couple of weeks ago, second hand, $10 Aussie. Massively great value so far I must say!! Well, you know, except for the stupid game freezes, of which I've had 6 or 7 so far, grrr.

OK, I've unlocked Southside and done Macau's Fast Foods so I've been whizzing out to the islands for 30k of ye-yo and Distributing out of the second turf. Not bad, roughly 13 million each run (minus repairs since I just let the gangs wreck one front and deliver to the rest) so I've got all the Investments except Defense, and I have all the best weapons, cars and boats since I'm already reputation level 8.

Is it a good idea to clean out the gang nests as I go? Or is it better to leave them alone (as I have been) and come back at the end of the game and just clean the lot out? I didn't wanna start killing them off since they seem to respawn anyway, so it seems there's no reason to go around ticking everyone off until I have all my Exotics bought and I'm close to the end of the game.

---
When the light bulb goes on in my head ... is that just a filament of my imagination?
#2Nodonn3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2010 12:46:57 AM
Never mind.

Just finished the story and now I'm going to clear Little Havana and Downtown, then do the Island missions then clear the other two districts of gangs. :)

Wow, what an ending though! Those last two story missions are epic!!

---
When the light bulb goes on in my head ... is that just a filament of my imagination?
#3Nodonn3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2010 11:08:31 PM
Just finished, 100% :)

Awesome little game that. I think I'll hang onto it and replay again some time.

---
#4meister_danPosted 5/4/2010 8:14:19 AM
After arriving on a new island & I get the AK-47 from the driver in a very early game by storing it into a car. My weapons for gang wars are AK-47 & a sub machine gun.
---
"The race for perfection has no finish line"
#5Nodonn3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2010 1:02:13 PM
I've just unlocked North Shore in my second game.

This go around I have been clearing the gangs out as soon as I unlock each area. First I run/drive everywhere and check then double check that all of the gang icons are visible, THEN go around killing them off systematically.

My weapon of choice for clearing gangs is the fully upgraded Mac 10. It's much easier when you don't have to worry about the cops. If it's well out of the way (there's a few, not many) then I whip out the old SAW and go nuts.

This game the only mission that's given me loads of grief is that one where you have to protect the shark boat (Macau Fast Food). I must have done it 12 - 15 times. Twice it blew up on it's own as it was pulling up for the last fin!

Oh, and Chi Peso Trattoria. I'd jam a car in the front door to block the owner in, and when I come back to free him he would be stuck behind the table in the corner beside the door. Even after shooting the chairs to let him out the stupid prat would just stay there. I shot him in the head twice myself lol. :D

---