Stat berry drops?

#1DCdemonic1Posted 2/3/2008 7:32:10 AM
I'm nearing the end of my human play through and wanted to stock up on berries to allow for a speed run of the non human side. Is there a better way than simply buying them? Would I be better off buying 2 beckoning cats and kick dueling certain characters or fighting certain enemies? If so, does anyone know of a list that says what each character drops? I didn't see a bestiary or similar faq and the ones there don't have the info.
#2sinreaver20Posted 2/3/2008 3:49:52 PM
well i am not sure about all drops but i do know that gerald drops strength berries, fernando (sp?) drops evasion berries and elwen drops growth stones which i think raises all stats. Also dont take my word for it but i seem to remember star dropping luck berries
---
Italy: World Cup Champions 1934, 1938, 1982, 2006
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.-Linkin Park
#3sinreaver20Posted 2/3/2008 3:57:18 PM
another update, i just checked, star does indeed drop luck berries and his sidekick sebastion drops defense berries, so thats all the berries!
---
Italy: World Cup Champions 1934, 1938, 1982, 2006
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.-Linkin Park
#4stevensocietyPosted 2/3/2008 4:33:30 PM
Also check for the ant queen
---
"They float, they all float. And when your down here with me fat boy, you'll float too. Ha Ha, ha ha ha." - Pennywise the Clown.
#5DCdemonic1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2008 9:06:15 PM
Thanks for the info. If you meant the killer queen I've already killed her. I haven't used any berries in my current play through since I had the intent of using them on the next. After finishing up the city of flowers I'll have to beat down those people a few times :)
#6stevensocietyPosted 2/3/2008 9:19:32 PM
Yeah, I meant killer queen, been reading too much HXH : )
---
"They float, they all float. And when your down here with me fat boy, you'll float too. Ha Ha, ha ha ha." - Pennywise the Clown.
#7stealthsneakerzPosted 2/4/2008 1:04:47 PM
woah, berries carry over???
o_O
---
"you shall shed tears of scarlet" ~vicious
#8DCdemonic1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2008 11:07:41 PM
Defense: Sebastian
Evasion: Fernando & Kain
Luck Berry: Curtis & Star
Strength Berry: Gerald & Natalie
Life Berry: Anastasia
Growth Stone: Elwen
Mystery Berry: Nyx

They all dropped one the first time I beat them. The problem is that I equipped 2 beckoning cats and defeated them all 3 more times and didn't get another drop. I'm thinking the drop rate is so low after the first that it'd be faster to get money to buy the seeds. I just need to figure out where the best place for money is and level up some other characters that use Pluto's trophy to go with the 2 I have.
#9mkprovincePosted 2/7/2008 10:57:52 PM
I thought the character berry drops are restricted to one per game?
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
#10JosephTorreyPosted 2/9/2008 5:54:09 AM
it is you can only get the berries from the character once