Just got this game but it wont load properly,help please

#1matts-spurs76Posted 1/23/2008 4:38:10 PM
might be because ive loaded loads of mods,not sure.

i can load the game up n main menu, when i start a new game the screen comes up with the advancing line to show its loading, it zooms across half way them stops, music is still plaing. when i look in task manager it says the games stopped running. Any idea whats going on?

Pc Specs: Vista home Prem. 32 bit, E6300, ATI 3850 (both overclocked) 2GB Memory.

Think ive patched the game, how many patche are there? ive only done one
#2iFatKiDPosted 1/23/2008 11:09:42 PM
Why would you mod a game you didn't finish yet?

Anyways, you probably modded the game wrong somehow.

Try running it without all those "loads of mods"
---
"Cannot detect keyboard. Press F7 to continue"
#3matts-spurs76(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2008 12:43:22 AM
figured it out, i needed to roll back to the previous patch. works fine with 'ALL MY MODS!!!'

what a stupid question, why have mods doh! ive already played amd completed the game 2yrs ago on the 360. i got it on the pc for the mods which give it a whole new challenge!!
#4SteveCrookPosted 1/24/2008 6:31:54 AM
Yes, of course. That was obvious from your first message - if we were psychic :)

Steve
#5simpsongamerPosted 1/27/2008 2:26:50 PM
plz help i have the same problem and i dont know what to do. I tried to download one mod and it messed it up. I tried to replace the sentinel with a Escalade and i did not back up the files because i didnt know how to. Im using the IMG Tool 2.0 and when i added the mod i went up 3 times so i deleted them but they still pop up. then i accidentaly clicked the rebuild archive and now i cant do anything it keeps saying (Read Beyond End of File) Is my game ruined?
#6simpsongamerPosted 1/27/2008 2:26:54 PM
plz help i have the same problem and i dont know what to do. I tried to download one mod and it messed it up. I tried to replace the sentinel with a Escalade and i did not back up the files because i didnt know how to. Im using the IMG Tool 2.0 and when i added the mod i went up 3 times so i deleted them but they still pop up. then i accidentaly clicked the rebuild archive and now i cant do anything it keeps saying (Read Beyond End of File) Is my game ruined?