This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best control scheme

#1labrosse33Posted 3/1/2008 12:47:13 PM
hey everyone

I was just wondering what control scheme y'all use for this game. I myself don't have a gamepad so I have to go with the keyboard. First time I installed it I tried the default scheme but it seemed very weird using Z to go forward and Q and D to go left/right etc. (I dont like to use the arrows cause I like to have the mouse to look around.) So now I use a custom control scheme (FPS style) with WASD to move, LSHIFT and CAPSLOCK to steer up/down and Q and E to look left/right. Problem with it is controlling planes and choppers because you have to perform all the actions with only 4 fingers so it gets very tricky to fight with the hydra and control it flawlessly at the same time.

Now I just figured out it would be better to let go the mouse while flying aircrafts and use the arrows as secondary controls to steer up/down and look left/right.

Anyone else had to redefine controls many times to feel really comfortable with this game?
---
"It doesn't feel right to shoot an unarmed man... But I'll get over it."
MoHH2: KeuponBionik / Subhuman
#2spaceeinsteinPosted 3/1/2008 7:41:40 PM
I redefined my controls to Vice City's controls. Vice City's controls were good so I don't know why Rockstar decided to ditch that.
---
Read FAQs please! To know nothing is bad, but to learn nothing is worse.
║┐║spaceeinstein║┐║ ęspaceeinstein
#3glensterPosted 3/2/2008 3:46:16 PM
I go for the VC WASD setup and don't use the mouse for steering bikes or
aircraft. All I remember changing was that I made Left Shift Run/Horn and made
Spacebar Jump.