This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bypassing the polygon limit???

#1Kurgan777Posted 1/5/2010 12:45:35 PM
Did anyone ever find a way to bypass the polygon limitation for this game???

I've got enough power in the PC to run the game by itself, but certain areas of the map start bugging up when you start installing high quality high polygon cars.

---
Pain is just a sign of weakness leaving your body.
Shut Up And Train ! ! !
#2spaceeinsteinPosted 1/6/2010 7:15:09 PM
You can try to download the Limit Adjuster and increase the streaming memory
http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=SA_Limit_Adjuster
The engine has limitations but I don't think even increasing that would solve all your problems.
---
Read FAQs please! To know nothing is bad, but to learn nothing is worse.
║┐║spaceeinstein║┐║ ęspaceeinstein
#3Kurgan777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2010 8:40:50 AM
The problem was easier solved two ways, first, by getting rid of the stupidly high poly model, there's no reason to use a 3DS Max render quality model with 200,000+ polys for a Broadway car mod, and second, by modifying the stream.ini file to let the game use more system ram. Rockstar originally had the memory and devkit memory set to 13500 (which I guess is only 13.5MB) but now I have it set at 999999.

Letting it use more ram solved most of it, but every time the Broadway car model spawned into the game, there was a VERY noticeable hitch in the framerate, and whenever there was more than one of those cars on the road, the game started to glitch up again, and even crashed at least once.

---
Shut Up And Train ! ! !
#4spaceeinsteinPosted 1/7/2010 11:59:57 AM
That is an unnecessarily detailed car. You should ask the author to create a lower poly model, find a lower poly model, or not install that mod at all.
---
Read FAQs please! To know nothing is bad, but to learn nothing is worse.
║┐║spaceeinstein║┐║ ęspaceeinstein
#5Kurgan777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2010 2:19:15 PM
I replaced the mod with a different one, one that's also customizable in LocoLow.

I agree that there's no reason to use render quality models, I looked at the wireframe for the model, and even just the wireframe was difficult to see through.

---
Shut Up And Train ! ! !