GTA San Andreas Mod Question

#1_Shadi_Posted 3/9/2012 10:28:41 PM
I want to download a cap mod do I need to use like a program to install the mod into the game? / never modded pc game before
---
Jagshamesh, Ma name is Shadi.
#2custard500011Posted 3/27/2012 9:52:44 AM
Alright i'm also new to modding but i spent like five hours figuring it out last night. Ok so first off, i'd create a copy of your san andreas folder. The one with all the operating data and stuff in it. Use that one to try mods with. So if you screw up, you still have a working one. Now most mods will have a .rar file name. You'll have to extract them from this format to get them to work. I use a program called the extractor. Its free but i forgot exactly where i got it. google it. After you've got that downloaded just go to whatever mod site and get a mod. Download the mod then extract it with the program. To use the mod then, there will be a readme text file in the mod you downloaded. Read it (duh) and it will tell you how to install it and where to put the files in the game folder. When you copy the files over, if given the option to replace files, do it. Having duplicates won't work. After all this your mod should be in the game. Try booting up the game and see if it works. I'll check back later.
#3_Shadi_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 4:20:22 PM
I did eventually figure it out but I messed up my tshirt.dff and now the game crashes whenever I tr to wear a T shirt
---
Jagshamesh, Ma name is Shadi.
#4custard500011Posted 4/11/2012 7:32:18 PM
If you made a backup, which i hope you did... open the game from that folder. that one shouldnt be screwed up.