Any SPECS/UPGRADE and "How well will it run" questions belong here!
- Topic Closed
OK guys, I'm doing this to complement the sticky already in existence - I'm hoping this will be more informative for you and will stop the need for all of these repeat topics. Note that I will not personally have the game until next week, but I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to hardware.
Please do NOT post until I have finished every point I intend to make. Please also note that I do not have enough information to double this as an FAQ for anything else.
2. Graphics Card Comparisons and Benchmarks
3. Finding out your specs
5. Integrated Graphics/FX series
6. HDR, AA, AF
7. AMD vs. Intel Processors
8 Example set ups and what you can expect
* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 1 GB System RAM
* ATI X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card
Minimum System Requirements:
* Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP 64-bit
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse
Supported Video Card Chipsets:
* ATI X1900 series
* ATI X1800 series
* ATI X1600 series
* ATI X1300 series
* ATI X850 series
* ATI x800 series
* ATI x700 series
* ATI x600 series
* ATI Radeon 9800 series
* ATI Radeon 9700 series
* ATI Radeon 9600 series
* ATI Radeon 9500 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 7900 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
* NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
* NVIDIA GeForce FX series
Firstly, it is important to note a few things with these requirements. Whilst a system that just meets the minimum can be expected to load the game up and get it to "run" you really should not expect it to be hugely playable on a 2Ghz, 512 RAM, fx5200 in the slightest.
The same goes for trying to run it with integrated graphics. If your card does not support pixel shaders (i.e. some integrated solutions and the geforce 4mx) then you will not be able to even start this game at all.
The cards in italics whilst not on the box are also supported. They have only come out very recently, explaining why they were not present.
Morgoth22's AIM - gfaqsmorgoth22
I can only fake being nice for so long, so don't linger.