mythic dawn commentary help

#1omnatrixPosted 1/24/2008 3:54:46 PM
I played oblivion for about six months when it came out and never finished it. I only recently started playing it again. I seem to have lost the third mythic dawn commentary needed to complete the quest - I have the fourth so I must have had the third - but i cant find it anywhere. I've checked all the draws in my houses, bookshops etc... but its knowhere to be seen is this a glitch or have I accidently dropped it in the wilderness??? am i screwed?? who knows?
Anyway my question is does anyone know if I can get another copy of the third commentary anywhere?
#2in8alphaPosted 1/24/2008 5:38:23 PM
You should have originally gotten it at the First Edition bookstore in the Market district. I don't know about other copies... but if you are sure you had it before you can always add it via the console:

player.additem 00022B06 1
---
Check if you can disconnect the effect and I'll go after the cause
#3NarzhulPosted 1/25/2008 4:41:00 AM
If you have the fourth, shouldn't there be another third or something in the sewers place? I recall having an extra one two and three before going to the shrine.
#4gamrls57Posted 1/25/2008 7:16:15 AM
If you haven't finished the quest it should still be in your inventory as a 0 weight quest item. If you are at a shop selling, it won't show up.
#5KislathPosted 1/25/2008 8:16:18 AM
Once you have the fourth book, you really don't need the first three anymore unless you actually don't know where to go. The map rune will activate for you just fine by that point.
#6omnatrix(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2008 5:00:34 AM
thanks I added it via console as you suggested

X