The almost unnoticeable little things.

#1EinDosePosted 1/24/2008 9:09:49 PM
We all know they're there. The little things that one wouldn't normally notice. Let's see how many of these 'little things' in Oblivion we can compile. Popular mods are also fair game.

The already rather commonly known things like the giant Nirnroot above Skingrad, the giant Mudcrab in Greenmead Cave, the ingleam helmet and the suicidal Troll I won't go into.

The Gromm NPC, Baenlin's manservant, is seen in the Tap and Tack after you kill Baenlin. Most would know that if you enter some time after killing Baenlin, Gromm gets up and attacks. But if you enter close to when you killed him (As in the next day), he won't. You can talk to Gromm, who appears to be drowning his sorrows.

The New Sheoth graveyard in the Shivering Isles starts with only a few headstones. However, as more people die in Shivering Isles quests, their headstones are added. Examining them leads to reading an inscription relevant to how they died.

Baurus in the quest to get the Commentaries seems rather prone to death. However, should you manage to keep him alive, he stays in the Cloud Ruler Temple. Talking to him will raise your Blade and Block. The Argonian sacrifice in Lake Arrius Caverns will also reward you if he survives his escape to the Temple of the One.

Lazare Milvan of Skingrad is a good target to enter the Dark Brotherhood, as he does nothing but insult you. However, in his basement is a rat. The only levelled rat in the game. It will also not attack you on sight.
#2ZuljittPosted 1/24/2008 9:53:12 PM
Nirnroots make a sound if you stand next to them.
---
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd243/cyberlink420/DeathNote9000.jpg
#3KislathPosted 1/25/2008 7:05:02 AM
Some Ayleid wells make a musical tinkling sound when active, but some most don't. I don't know why. The one at Anutwyl, near Bravil, is a good example.

One cave, Toadstool Hollow, has a dead goblin in it, sitting in a barrel. He has clearly died of alcohol, having drunk himself to death. He didn't leave a note, so it was probably accidental, and he's still clutching the hooch bottle.
#4KislathPosted 1/25/2008 7:07:25 AM

The drunk guy in Cheydinhal who lost his house normally doesn't say much, but sometimes he breaks into a funny song about cliff racers.

Nestarel in Skingrad is never home, that doesn't mean her house is unoccupied...

#5KlasjPosted 1/25/2008 8:24:40 AM
^I have never heard him ''talk'' about anything else...
---
I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.
#6in8alphaPosted 1/25/2008 10:03:10 AM
Hard not to notice this I reckon, but for the sake of contributing... In Fort Black Root there is an Orc Adventurer wandering around in there.
---
Check if you can disconnect the effect and I'll go after the cause
#7KislathPosted 1/25/2008 10:57:25 AM
Ah, that guy... actually, he's harder to notice than you think. You see, he gets around a bit, and there are a few dungeons in which he may or may not appear at some point. Finding him is really pretty tricky and it only occasionally happens.

Maiq the Liar says a lot of funny things, and he's the second fastest thing in the game. The things he says are usually side jokes based on references from the Gameboards like this one, especially the Bethsoft official board, making fun of the things the fans used to have big arguments about in the discussions about what they wanted and/or expected to find in the Oblivion game back when it was still being made.

Yesterday he said something to me I'd never before him say. It was especially unusual in that there was no audio with it, just silent text which whizzed by so quickly I could hardly tell if he was trying to insult me. It was something like "Maiq wishes that he has a stick made of sheep for you, but alas, he does not." What?? Ok, that may not be exactly what he said, but whatever it was, it was just as nonsensical. Do any of you know this one?

If you watch the two blades swordfight for a little over a minute, while standing very close to them, your blade and block will go up a bit. ( You'll get a popup telling you so ) Also, if you watch the arena wannabees fistfight near the arena, your hand to hand will rise. However, watching the fight on the Anvil docks has no effect.
#8CybhoundPosted 1/25/2008 11:16:12 AM
Yesterday he said something to me I'd never before him say. It was especially unusual in that there was no audio with it, just silent text which whizzed by so quickly I could hardly tell if he was trying to insult me. It was something like "Maiq wishes that he has a stick made of sheep for you, but alas, he does not." What?? Ok, that may not be exactly what he said, but whatever it was, it was just as nonsensical. Do any of you know this one?

"M'aiq wishes he had a stick made out of fishies to give to you. Sadly, he does not."

Taken from:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:M%27aiq_the_Liar
---
God created the Earth, the Dutch only made it better.
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1921/1178573614308ra6.jpg