How to Tweak Oblivion for Dual-Core?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. How to Tweak Oblivion for Dual-Core?
8 years ago#1
I heard somewhere you can tweak Obliv so it runs better for dual-core processors. How do I go about doing this? I have an AMD 64 X2 6400+ if it matters.
8 years ago#2
Bump because this information would really help me too. ^_^
The Dufrains are missing, who can play MapleStory at a time like this?
8 years ago#3
turn on the "threaded" (ie, "threaded blood") options in the ini. Many of these options should turn on automaticaly if you have a hyperthreded or dual core processor.
8 years ago#4
Hrm. Says it can't create the file, so it asks me to make sure the name's right. I try to save it as Oblivion.ini, and it tells me I don't have permission to save there. Is this a Vista problem, or something else?
---
Abortions are awesome. They're like nature's edit > undo button. -- Anonymous
8 years ago#5
I've found that these tend to be fairly useful. As a matter of fact, the guide as a whole offers some good options for tweaking if you're having some framerate issues. It's not the be-all-end-all solution, but you should notice some improvements if you're running a multi-core processor.
http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_9.html
Piss-poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency upon mine.
8 years ago#6
I don't have a 6400, but I know AMD had an upgrade on its site for mine for the firmware to manage itself so it handled all processes in general better.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.
http://world7.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=113032681
8 years ago#7
I suggest you log on as administrator (I think that's it) if you're using Vista.
I don't care who you are, where you live, or what you have done. Chances are that, in the near future, I will kill you.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. How to Tweak Oblivion for Dual-Core?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived