Is there something special you have to do to get the Fin Gleam to show up?

#1Maxim ShadowPosted 1/25/2008 7:07:18 PM
I was looking around the Oblivion Wiki and saw the Fin Gleam. It looks like something that'd be handy for my newby rogue-type, so I went looking for it. I searched all around the area that http://www.uesp.net/oblivion/map/obmap.shtml?centeron=Fin+Gleam says it should be, but to no avail. Am I just doing it wrong, or is there something else I have to do to get it show up?
---
Abortions are awesome. They're like nature's edit > undo button. -- Anonymous
#2aaronsandersPosted 1/25/2008 8:20:03 PM
Nothing special, but I just found it and I thought it was REALLY hard to get to, especially since I'm low level. It's in the deep ocean, and it's not all that big.

My advice, because that's what I did, is to swim out west from the center of that island west of Anvil, and when you get to the ocean, swim the same distance west again (approximately). Save your game. Deep dive, and search around madly, ignoring your breath meter. Or if you have water breathing potions or spells, great, use them. If not, and you don't find it, reload when you die.

Do this until you find it (only took me 1 death, but several other tries), and once you find it equip it immediately and you'll be fine.

Sorry I don't have better advice. Is there a detect item/enchantment spell/potion/scroll? I suppose that would be useful here.
---
-Aaron
FFT SCC's done: Su, TM, Mk, Ge, Ch, Wi, Ni, La, Md, Th, Ar, Solo-Ramza-No-Math-Skill In progress: Sa, Pr, BdDn, Kn, Sq
#3FlyinBrianPosted 1/25/2008 9:00:45 PM
it's easiest if you have a good draw distance and you turn up your brightness or cast night eye. also if you have a mod that turns off the enchanted glow effect don't run it because that's the easiest way to find it.

i believe (it's been a while since I went and got it) that it's really close to the island (like right where the ocean floor hits and everything gets leveled off) and it's near some rock formations
---
Sanity's really just a one trick pony, you just get one trick: rational thought. But when you're good and crazy, oh baby! The skies the limit! - The Tick
#4Maxim Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 9:03:22 PM
Is it in a chest or just kinda floating around?

And thanks, both of you. I'll try that.

---
#5Maxim Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 9:06:24 PM
Whoops, nevermind. Found it on the poor guy. Thanks.
---