black screen help!

• Topic Archived

User Info: advancedaxel

advancedaxel
8 years ago#1
Help, i just got oblivion, and i opened it up. was working fine up until i press new game. I saw the character creation menu but just a black screen wher the character is supposed to be. I put sumtin random since i coundnt see anything and when i started playing all i saw is the health screen and everything else (characters, houses, grass) was black. Just a black screen plz help!

advancedaxel
8 years ago#2

advancedaxel posted...
Help, i just got oblivion, and i opened it up. was working fine up until i press new game. I saw the character creation menu but just a black screen wher the character is supposed to be. I put sumtin random since i coundnt see anything and when i started playing all i saw is the health screen and everything else (characters, houses, grass) was black. Just a black screen plz help!

I have 3 gig ram, windows vista, intel chipset for video card, intel core 2 duo 1.83 ghz.

User Info: bacdy

bacdy
8 years ago#3

advancedaxel wrote: Help, i just got oblivion, and i opened it up. was working fine up until i press new game. I saw the character creation menu but just a black screen wher the character is supposed to be. I put sumtin random since i coundnt see anything and when i started playing all i saw is the health screen and everything else (characters, houses, grass) was black. Just a black screen plz help!

I have 3 gig ram, windows vista, intel chipset for video card, intel core 2 duo 1.83 ghz.

Not a real video card. Try oldblivion.
http://www.oldblivion.com/
Gamertag=bacdy

advancedaxel
8 years ago#4
The installer was corrupt or something. Said that textures.cab was broken and to retry or ignore, i pressed ignore. Maybe it was this? Can you send me the textures.cab file if possible?

User Info: Kiwi_1

Kiwi_1
8 years ago#5
Read the warning label on the game box. No support for crappy video chips from Intel. NONE.
Kiwi

User Info: FilthyNord

FilthyNord
8 years ago#6
Well known bug if you have nVidia graphics board. Google Oblivion black screen bug. There are fix mods on Tesnexus, although none of them fixed it for me. I just have to exit the game and start up again.

User Info: Kiwi_1

Kiwi_1
8 years ago#7
The OP doesn't have any video card at all, not AMD, not nVIDIA (Intel hasn't made any cards for 10-12 years now).

The typical nVIDIA driver problem is turning all "lights" off, and the workaround is to open the console, type the letters CAL, press enter, and close the console.
Kiwi

User Info: FilthyNord

FilthyNord
8 years ago#8
Kiwi, Thanks! I'll try it as soon as I get the chance.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived