So i've been at this for a few days now and i'm driven up a wall. I've followed the instructionals religiously and i'm still getting crashes to the desktop upon the load of a saved game... a few things to consider before you start diagnosing my problem.
- i have OBSE
- Deadly Reflex is loaded last
- I am not updating Deadly Reflex, i've never gotten the chance to use it
- I use Wrye Bash w/ OBSE enabled
- The load order is correct
- The game crashes a few seconds after i load a saved game w/ a "appcompat.text" error or whatever
- Yes i've googled the error
- No it didn't help
- I'm using this mod in conjunction with FCOM, All Natural, and a couple other insignificant mods (like Morrowind Books and Loading Screens)
- The game crashes even after i uncheck all the Deadly Reflex mods ---- in other words, i have to reload the original Textures, Sounds, and Meshes (which thankfully i backed up).
Anyone have any idea what the dealie is?
#2mp21a1Posted 4/13/2009 10:37:34 PM
Did you include the horsecombat .esm file as it is needed for deadly reflex. Try to disable All natural and see if it crashes. --- To call its logic tortured is an understatement and an insult to logic.
#3paradoxworldPosted 4/13/2009 11:35:51 PM
You need at least 3 of the files that come with Deadly Reflex. The ones you need are
Put them all as low as possible, but still in that order. The HorseCombatMaster won't be able to go past any ESM file, so it will still be near the top. The other two files should go after everything else, with the Mounted_Spellcasting before Deadly Reflex.
If you only have Deadly Reflex - Combat Moves.esm, it will crash to desktop when you try loading Oblivion. I learned this the hard way. --- http://i39.tinypic.com/2ah5rhk.gif
#4paradoxworldPosted 4/13/2009 11:37:25 PM
The HorseCombatMaster won't be able to go past any ESP file, so it will still be near the top.
Realized I made a mistake there. bolded the fix.
#5sonicsurfer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/14/2009 7:32:33 AM
Yeah, they're in that order and they are all active... no conflicts in Wrye Bash. Also have the Official Patch, Unofficial Patch, and whatever else you can think of that "meets the requirements".