Game Controller Question

#1willpakPosted 4/20/2009 8:07:35 AM

I have a Philips PC game controller for my Gateway laptop. I cannot get the right analog stick to work. Every other button works fine, but the right analog that I use to look around refuses to work. I still have to use the mouse. I unplugged my wireless mouse and disabled the touchpad, but still nothing. Anyone help? Thanks.

#2treetopPosted 4/20/2009 8:33:05 AM
use a profiler or try tweaking the ini
try pinnacle, it's got a free trial at least.
#3Kiwi_1Posted 4/20/2009 8:33:12 AM
Any controller you want to use must be able to emulate the Xbox360 controller perfectly in order to use it with the PC version of this game. Even then, there can occasionally be some difficulties.

---
Kiwi
#4LordxDemisePosted 4/20/2009 1:28:19 PM
lol I just bought that same controller about a week ago so I could play emulators :D sorry for off topic
---
"To ejaculate Cloud's ultimate weapon, equip Tifa with the Work Glove and have her use D.BLOW on Cloud." BxR_Overlord
MKW FC*0001-9073-4020* *Chibi*
#5willpak(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2009 3:06:22 PM
I dont have an Xbox 360, so I cant try that. And I have no idea what treetop is talking about. But this seems like a simple problem that I cant just cannot find the answer to. Nothing else is glitchy or anything like that, I just cant use the joystick to look around. The analog works fine when I use it for any other command.
#6treetopPosted 4/20/2009 4:53:29 PM
pinnacleprofiler.com
#7willpak(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2009 5:09:55 AM
I'm not too keen on paying for anything, especially online (call me paranoid, but I dont care). Also, that download costs more that my controller. DANG!!! There has got to be a way to make this work, it seems to be only a compatibility issue.
#8treetopPosted 4/21/2009 10:50:38 AM
well it's got a 30 day trial, see if it does what you need.
it'll work with other games as well.
#9willpak(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2009 11:17:36 AM
Yea, but if I try it for that 30 days, and it DOES work, do you know what that means? THAT THIS @#$%! CONTROLLER WAS A RIP-OFF!!! Plus, I'll probably get spoiled on it, and when the 30 days are up, I'll have to learn the controls all over again.
#10treetopPosted 4/21/2009 11:33:21 AM
you could try messing with these settings too, might get lucky!

Game Pad Functionality

Although the PC version of Oblivion handles best when played with a keyboard and mouse, it is possible to play the game with an assortment of game pads as well. Due to the variance in these game pads, it may be necessary to make a few changes to the Oblivion.ini file located in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion. Below is a list of the settings that can be changed to make a Xbox 360 controller attached to a PC, function better with Oblivion. It should be noted however, that because the PC version of the game was optimized to play with a keyboard and mouse, the experience will NOT be the same, as using a 360 controller on the Xbox 360 version of the game. Additionally, these settings can be applied to other game pads, but the values represented may need to be tweaked further. Finally, the mapping of the buttons will need to be determined when entering the game, and can be changed in Options - Controls, from the Main Menu - Do NOT map the directional controls (Forward, Backward, Left, Right), as this will overwrite certain changes made in the Oblivion.ini file.

These are the default settings in the Oblivion.ini:
;X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6

iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2
iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1
fJoystickMoveFBMult=1.0000
fJoystickMoveLRMult=1.0000
iJoystickLookUpDown=6
iJoystickLookLeftRight=3
fJoystickLookUDMult=0.0020
fJoystickLookLRMult=0.0020

Change to these values to get better functionality from a 360 game pad connected to a PC.
;X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6
iJoystickMoveFrontBack=2
iJoystickMoveLeftRight=1
fJoystickMoveFBMult=2.0000
fJoystickMoveLRMult=2.0000
iJoystickLookUpDown=5
iJoystickLookLeftRight=4
fJoystickLookUDMult=0.7500
fJoystickLookLRMult=0.7500

Make sure the settings are saved. Note, changes to the Oblivion.ini file will not be saved if Oblivion is running when the changes are made.