what's the point of all the gems?

#1SexualPizzaPosted 7/30/2009 8:26:24 AM
I've stockpiled a bunch of the flawless gems, as well as gold/silver nuggets, and so far haven't found a single use for them(Other than using a transmutation scroll on the nuggets.). Should I just sell these or is there actually a use for them?
---
Best thing in life: Sex
Second best thing in life: Pizza
#2SonicBoom344Posted 7/30/2009 8:32:45 AM
They're not used for much. You should probably just sell them if you want the extra gold.
#3Bane_v2Posted 7/30/2009 9:38:09 AM
The mod Geomancy is merged into OOO, but you can get it separately as well:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9580

"Geomancy lets the player use precious gemstones as "spell amplifiers", allowing them to cast extremely powerful spells for little magicka, but destroying a gem in the process. Gem Dust allows the player grind gemstones to dust for use in alchemy (as per TES3:Morrowind)."
#4smurfocolypsePosted 7/30/2009 9:57:06 AM
ooh, didn't know that was part of OOO ... makes it even more of a reason that i'll be installing it at some point (or FCOM).

I was hoping a couple weeks ago on this board that there was some kind of "smithy" mod that would allow you to forge armor/weapons out of some of the ore you can find in oblivion (kind of like madness/amber in SI)

it would be cool if the gems allowed you to inset items in the same fashion ... oh well, i'll just keep hoping that a master modder will read my mind and make it happen.........
---
"I've got nothing to say, and I'm only going to say it once"
#5CrossLOPERPosted 7/30/2009 10:19:55 AM

Fill a room with them and take a swim.

#6treetopPosted 7/30/2009 11:27:37 AM
if you use midas magic & get the ooo plugin, gold & some gems become useful.

also, i believe just with the geomancy, you can crush the gems into dust for new potion ingredients.
#7bobmark1Posted 7/30/2009 11:57:04 AM
You can also display them.
---
Xfire Profile: http://www.xfire.com/profile/adiuvo/
Moderator at MforMature.net, though under a different name
#8treetopPosted 7/30/2009 12:07:59 PM
Fill a room with them and take a swim.

this will murder your fps, i filled a basket once, the sparkle effect.,..