will-o-the-wisp

#1OtakuGameraPosted 12/4/2009 7:21:15 AM
it is kicking my ass, i really dont know how to defeat this dude, from range he can zap me with his spells which is unavoidable and hits HARD, melee does little to no damage with my enchanted sword, any tips on how to defeat this dude?
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#2AbnormaltycmplxPosted 12/6/2009 11:40:17 PM
You could try luring it to some guards. With the spells, just move after it casts, but in a different direction than before. The Oblivion targeting system is easy to fool. Otherwise it's best to just run, and come back when you're stronger.
---
Abnormalitycomplex
The Second Amendment is in place in case politicians ignore the others.
#3b_stevey_bPosted 12/7/2009 3:03:18 AM
just played for my first time as an archer and killed this guy EASILY with an enchanted shortsword. my blade skill and strength were both at 30 . .so there's no way you shouldn't be able to kill him too
#4OtakuGamera(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2009 9:11:31 AM
^ easy mode?

anyway, im in a dungeon at that time.. finding the amulet that some guy stole from the anvil mages guild leader so there's no guards to help me.. i did managed to kill him, i used my bow, and just run and shoot.. took me about 5 minutes before it died -.-"
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#5mr_giraffePosted 12/7/2009 10:45:25 AM
if he shoots a spell what you do is just move back and forth sideways rly fast. They try to anticipate where you are going so if you are running sideways steadily in an open place they will always hit you. But if you are running sideways when they cast and then right away you just move the other direction they will shoot super far away in the other direction.

I freaking hate those things though cuz I kill the with melee and they freaking damage my stats grr
---
"I'm rich and I drive a BMW!"
-Me
#6b_stevey_bPosted 12/7/2009 1:51:10 PM
na im at default medium settings.. i havent put any points into endurance either, my hp is at 79 right now.. i've had absolutely no trouble killing anything yet.. i dont remember the will o wisps even touching my health.. but i remember it somehow regaining full health when i tried to kite it.. so i just ran in and spammed my short sword like 10 times and it died.. even the "painted trolls" i hear everyone saying are so difficult.. just shoot them once with a poison arrow, then finish them off with a 2nd arrow shot. havent had to use a potion or healing spell mid battle once yet.. i hope it gets harder
#7AbnormaltycmplxPosted 12/7/2009 7:55:56 PM
^^^Vanilla Oblivion is too easy, get OOO.
---
Abnormalitycomplex
The Second Amendment is in place in case politicians ignore the others.