Mod Install Order and Wrye Bash Uninstall

#1Catgirls921Posted 4/17/2012 9:32:49 PM
I've seen various install guides for FCOM, but nothing about how to make other mods work with it. TESCOSI has a general install guide, but it also suggests installing several categories before the DLC and patches, and everything else I've seen says to install those first. Even if I get a working FCOM install, I'm worried that all the other mods I want to install will mess it up anyway.

I don't suppose there's anything like BOSS out there for install order? If anyone can point me in the direction of an expanded install guide, that would be really great.

I'm mainly using Wrye Bash for installation right now, with Arcelas' BAIN Wizards for the main FCOM mods from tesnexus. I've tried OBMM too, but I think I actually prefer WB.

I do have one question, though: How safe is Wrye Bash's uninstall?

If I install all the mods I want (using WB, of course) on top of my working Oblivion install (with cleaned DLC), and it crashes my game, can I uninstall all of the new mods, change my install order, rebuild bashed patches, and try again? Or do I have to start over completely from a saved backup folder?