are there any mods like All Natual that don't require OBSE?

#1thatauthorPosted 2/24/2013 3:54:59 PM(edited)
I have NifSE and I'm not sure if they'd clash at all. preferably ones that are Nexus Mod Manager friendly.
---
WAIT!!! A duel wielding chainsaw CLOWN? does he attack you or just scare the poo-poo out of you??? - voglerdude
#2black spiderPosted 2/27/2013 9:55:10 AM
NifSE is an extension to OBSE that allows OBSE scripts to mess around with Nif files. You can't use NifSE without OBSE. So what exactly is the problem in All Natural using OBSE?
---
You want to try your hand at proving why genocide is inherently bad? - OrangeWizard
#3thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:49:30 PM(edited)
NifSE is an extension to OBSE that allows OBSE scripts to mess around with Nif files. You can't use NifSE without OBSE. So what exactly is the problem in All Natural using OBSE?

nothing. it just proves that I'm an idiot :P

edit: how do I know if I have OBSE running? |I have OBSE folders in my recycling bin(there was nothing in them so I deleted them) and there's two text documents named obse and obse_steam_loader in my oblivion folder, but I don't know if it's activated.
---
If you believe in Ragnaroxas's shirtlessness and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#4black spiderPosted 2/28/2013 12:33:03 PM
Well, if you've put NifSE in the proper folder in your data directory and you can start the game with obse_loader.exe then it's probably working as it should. There's no obvious message other than being able to start the game by using the obse_loader rather than the normal executable.

And mind you, if you don't start the game through the obse loader then OBSE won't be activated. You have to use the obse loader every time.

Final thing, you might want to consider disabling "hide known file endings" in Windows so that you're absolutely sure what's what. It always seem so redundant to have ".exe" or ".txt" after all kinds of files but it's a tremendous help if you need to reference specific files. Personally I'm barely able to navigate Windows Explorer without seeing those file endings.
---
You want to try your hand at proving why genocide is inherently bad? - OrangeWizard
#5thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 9:55:32 PM
Well, if you've put NifSE in the proper folder in your data directory

I'm guessing it is because I "activated" it using nexus mod manager.

And mind you, if you don't start the game through the obse loader then OBSE won't be activated. You have to use the obse loader every time.

I tried starting the game using the OBSE loader, but it said something about steam, as that's the version I have.

I also tried redownloading OBSE and the files the instructions said to add to my oblivion directory seemed to already be there, though NMM can't seem to detect them. It can't seem to activate all natural either.

thanks for trying to help though :D
---
I have to browse like a peasant ~ pizzaman95
#6black spiderPosted 3/1/2013 3:09:50 AM
Just checked the OBSE readme.

IF YOU ARE USING THE STEAM VERSION OF OBLIVION:

1. Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, and obse_steam_loader.dll to your Oblivion directory. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\oblivion".

2. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load. Go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and check the box marked "Enable Steam Community In-Game".

3. Launch Oblivion via Steam or by running Oblivion.exe. OBSE will automatically be run along with Oblivion when launched. To disable this, rename or move obse_steam_loader.dll. You do not need to use obse_loader.exe unless you are running the editor.

So it would seem that I'm quite wrong about how to start the game when using the Steam version. My apologies for that. In my defense, I've never actually tried OBSE with Steam.
---
#7thatauthor(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 10:09:42 PM
So it would seem that I'm quite wrong about how to start the game when using the Steam version. My apologies for that. In my defense, I've never actually tried OBSE with Steam.

I just figured you thought I had the disc version, which is a reasonable thought as I do have it :P I bought the steam version because it came with all of the DLC for around $6.
---
Chill out, dude, chill out. ~ guns