Mod to give vendors more gold?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. Mod to give vendors more gold?
3 years ago#1
Is there a mod that increases cash with merchants? I pass up a huge number of items because they're worth far more money than the merchants can afford.
When I say increase I mean 10,000 up, because mods like Bobs' Armory puts very valuable items into the game.
3 years ago#2
What is worth 10k+ that isn't a daedric artifact?
Load the Spaceship with the rocket fuel, LOAD IT WITH THE WORDS!
3 years ago#3
You don't need one.

Just open the console, click the merchant, then type setbartergold <#> (where # equals how much money you want them to have available)

Setbartergold 10000 would set the merchant's barter gold to 10,000 septims.

I think you can also click a merchant and type setAV Responsibility <#> (# = 0-29) to turn them into a Fence. I haven't tested this yet so I don't know if selling to them would affect the Thieves Guild.
If life is a game, how do I enable God Mode?
3 years ago#4

So you lose money, whats the problem? You get at least 1000 per sale if you maxed mercantile + invested or whatever the minimum value is. there are a few merchants that give you 3000 or so.

WHO CARES you are losing the EXTRA amount of whatever. its still enough money to make you filthy rich.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.
3 years ago#5
Oddplume posted...
What is worth 10k+ that isn't a daedric artifact?

Oh, let's see...
Imago Storms Boots = 14,100
Ember of Oblivion = 41,325
Ebony Mages' Armor = 14,500
Shield of Mirrors = 20,000
Putrid hand Masters' Robe = 43,045
Helmet of The Mage = 29,600
lexth = 9,200
Gauntlets of Pugilist = 24,050
Fire of Oblivion = 41,900
Flame Ring = 30,040
Lien Valeths' Robe = 41,870

I have many more in my Benirus manor closets and chests that are not Daedric. So, for what I had to battle through to get these and other items I'd like more than "adequate" (actually less than adequate) compensation.
Morrowinds' monetary/barter system made exploring fun and exciting, especially with a scamp merchant that gave 100% of the item value.
3 years ago#6
Creeper unbalanced Morrowind, and its unlikely you find him on a blind run without protips.
Board-killer under many guises since 1997
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  3. Mod to give vendors more gold?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived