so I'm using OOO

#1MADD DRAKEPosted 5/3/2013 8:27:49 PM
I also got realistic leveling

im wondering if perhaps i screwed something up, because for the mage guild initiation quest in anvil the thing that attacked me had a daedric 1h axe already, mages in teh mage guild are walking around with dwemer swords etc, is this intended or did something get messed up?

this all happened before level 5, and now at level 5 im finding winged daggers and items taht seem like they are way too strong for me to use
---
Proud LUEser
i'm playing the game and suddenly, outof no where, the germans own the jews :/-Warrior Hart
#2TerantatekPosted 5/4/2013 3:30:03 PM
OOO makes enemies static levels. One dungeon will always be lvl 4 as another will always be lvl 38. This applies to questlines aswell. Also some places may always have good items, you probably luckily killed a higher lvl mod which yields better items. For example I am lvl 2 atm and ran into a dungeon, killed thefirst 3 mobs in a half hour time span, got a robe worth 2k gold and a ring of detect life 60pts.
---
"The best revenge is to live a happy life"
Love, Peace, 420-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#3MADD DRAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2013 5:33:07 PM
alright cool thanks, I just wondered if the game maybe scaled items based on your cumulative SPECIAL stats instead of level or something. I've been finding really expensive stuff in peoples houses like ebony curiasss in a random chest

my only problem is vendors dont have enough money to buy my stuff=(
---
Proud LUEser
i'm playing the game and suddenly, outof no where, the germans own the jews :/-Warrior Hart
#4MarikhenPosted 5/4/2013 9:12:27 PM
Then use the Trade & Commerce mod. It lets you open up your own store. TBH it's broke as heck, but it's useful. I sold almost 900k worth of potions in just a few days with it.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#5MADD DRAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 4:23:59 AM
more interested in legit money that cheating/modding money
---
Proud LUEser
#6MarikhenPosted 5/5/2013 7:19:13 AM
You'll mod leveling, and presuming that by "realistic leveling" you mean something like Galerion's which is incredibly easy to break, but you won't consider modding the game to include one of the oldest forms of "legitimate" money-making, going into business for yourself, as well? Interesting.
---
#7MADD DRAKE(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 8:52:35 PM
realistic leveling gives you a chance to gain a stat point when you gain a skill point, I don't see that as cheating when oblivions leveling system is largely held to be broken

I see the self business thing as broken because the way you described it, "I sold almost 900k worth of potions in just a few days with it" sounds broken, not to mention you yourself said it was broken

get it now?
---
Proud LUEser
#8MarikhenPosted 5/6/2013 9:12:11 PM
The reason it's broken is because it sells your stuff purely on the basis of random chance. More expensive items might take longer to sell than cheaper items, but when they sell is purely a function of the RNG. Local supply/demand and game-wide economy don't matter in the slightest, even if you use mods like Enhanced Economy.

I should, however, have stipulated that that's with the default settings which allow you to sell items starting at 50% of base value plus another 1% per two points of Mercantile. I apologize for not including that. The mod lets you tweak the settings via a .ini file to suit your preferences. You could, for example, set it up so that even at 100 Mercantile you can only sell items for 66% of their base value which, IIRC, is pretty close to the what most vendors will pay for the items anyways.

As for Galerion's Leveling and similar mods, in a sense yeah, it is cheating, because if you don't put a rein in on your leveling proclivities you can easily find yourself power-leveling skills you don't want or need for your given character concept just for the stat bonuses and because it's incredibly easy to do so. Taking a bath? Go to the Fighter's Guild in Chorrol, go across the stairs from the one member, and practice sneak and spell casting. Waiting on that stupid wood elf in Imperial City to show up with his dealer? Cast your damage weapons/armor spells and then repair your gear to level Destruction and Armorer instead of Wait'ing.

It might not be broken in the same way that the default leveling system is, and it is broken in multiple senses, but its still just as open to abuse and unrealistic character development as T&C is.
---