alternative beginnings main quest help.

#1monkmithPosted 5/19/2013 6:18:23 AM
this is the mod where you start off in a prison cell and you talk to the statues to set your character up before going to sleep and ending up in one of the chosen starting points (sinking ship, bandit in a tower...).

i was wondering if anyone knows how to start the main quest from this?
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#2FilthyNordPosted 5/22/2013 11:32:19 AM
There are two ways, depending on which starting scenario you use. One involves finding a dead adventurer in the fort on the road to Chorral (Fort Ash, I think). Search his body. The other involves a mage finding you near the Temple of the One (I think this is a delayed start if you haven't found the body or chose not to search it in order to delay the MQ). I think the Squire scenario requires that you find the body.
#3monkmith(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2013 10:09:19 PM
i chose the sinking ship beginning if it matters.

i've checked out fort ash and couldn't find a body, did get mugged though.

i think i will hang out in front of the temple and see what happens.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
#4monkmith(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 5:49:05 AM
the emperor is still alive, he's sitting in the throne room of the palace.
---
#5monkmith(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2013 9:48:21 PM
ok i've got it now.

first you need a fame/infamy total = 10
you'll get a note to meet the quest giver in the temple of the one. you can choose to do the beginning dungeon or skip it by not meeting the quest giver. if you skip the body will appear af fort ash a few days after the quest expires. if you accept you will be given a ring that you want to put on as soon as you appear in the dungeon, when you do a chest will spawn along the way that will let you collect all your items that were removed when you were put in prison.

this still seems to interfere with dlc quest starts though. you can start SI by just going to the gate. i'm pretty sure the home dlcs can be activated by walking to the homes and unlocking the doors with console. haven't tried knight of the nine yet.
---