Graphics glitch: Lines shooting out of everybody's body.

#1Lukey_BugPosted 7/18/2013 5:56:19 PM
I just got this game from steam, played a little bit until I got class, sign, etc, then downloaded some mods. Mostly graphical.

As soon as i loaded my game I've had these lines(more like the midsection of everybody was extending to infinity). It doesn't slow the game down at all or have any other adverse effect that I can tell. I've removed the mods one by one to see if any of them were the culprit but it was still there.

I then started a new game believing maybe they just needed to be started fresh. Same problem.

I have no idea what this is all about. I've searched google, but nothing came up. Also, every time I close Oblivion, whether from the menu or console, it "crashes." I don't know if this has anything to do with it. It doesn't really effect anything other than being a minor annoyance.

If anybody could help me, I would be greatly appreciative.

(Also, I'm using Wrye Bash, which worked perfectly for me for Skyrim.)
#2MarikhenPosted 7/19/2013 11:58:44 PM
Try uninstalling all of the graphics mods then reinstalling them one at a time until you figure out which one is causing the issue? If you have the issue with all mods uninstalled you might have corrupted graphics card drivers or a failing card.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#3KhMER SRPosted 7/21/2013 6:39:32 AM(edited)
I had something similar happen when a graphic card was overheating. I bought a can of compressed air and cleaned out the fan of the card and the rest of the pc. Everything went back to normal.

You might be facing the same thing.

Edit: Pic of what was happening for me to compare.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/MrDarkSim/tes4/overheat.jpg~original
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/MrDarkSim/tes4/1060702.jpg~original
---
The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world.
#4MarikhenPosted 7/21/2013 10:17:39 AM
KhMER SR posted...

Edit: Pic of what was happening for me to compare.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a160/MrDarkSim/tes4/overheat.jpg~original

I've seen some stuff like that out of some of Bethesda's games when either the physics engine goes wonky due to frame rates over 60 FPS or as a result of odd glitches with model/skin replacement mods. You should see what happens to breasts on women and "primary sexual characteristics" on men in Fallout 3 sometimes. It's... Interesting. >_>
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#5KhMER SRPosted 7/21/2013 10:41:36 AM
Sounds like the time I tried to console a bunch of money in VtM:B without looking at what the money command actually does.
---
The ruling king is armored head to toe in brilliant flame. He is redeemed by each act he undertakes. His death is only a diagram back to the waking world.
#6bshwalkerPosted 7/31/2013 9:54:11 AM
When you say graphics mods, does that include bodies and clothing?
If so, there's a good chance that you have clothing that's not compatible with the type of body that you're using.
---
Played the latest, went back to the greatest. Hardcore pretensious , nostalgia goggles wearing, hipster and proud of it!
~C.O.I.~
#7Kobra KaiPosted 8/9/2013 1:37:31 PM
That glitch happened to me the first time I installed the game. It didn't affect live chars, only dead bodies. Even then, only few bodies were affected. Mainly those in highly overloaded areas (meshes) or if you try to beat, carry or run over dead bodies too much.

After having formatted my PC, I reinstalled the game, and the same glitch happened... but in a much lesser degree.
---
Rest, Avatar...you will need it!
Fatal error 286.3330: General protection fault detected.