'Load failed due to corrupt data file

#1Orochi_Posted 4/19/2009 4:46:59 AM
I just got this game. My memory card is fine...I just checked it and all.

When I do a Tempsave, it saves just fine and takes me to the title screen. WHen I click 'Start Game' it tries to load up something and it gives me a message 'Load failed due to corrupt data file

Then I get a list of saved files and my TEMPSAVE. I can load up the saved files and my TEMPsave just fine, but what I dont get is why I get that message all the time? Does anyone know?

Before anyoen asks, I do not turn off my system or mess around with anything. I wait for the game to take me to the title screen.
---
Mario Kart Wii as **Chucky**
#2DcrimsonscaleSPosted 4/19/2009 7:12:05 AM
Well this happens sometimes. do you have an 8mb sony memory card, or is it a 16mb third party memory card becuase this game has trouble with third party memory cards. I think its just square enix way of punishing the people who are un-faithful to sony. XD
#3Orochi_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2009 7:41:03 AM
Well I have the 8MB Nyko card (a yellow card), but it has the official seal on it.
---
#4Orochi_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2009 7:41:20 AM
oh, and I dont seem to have a problem with any other games.
---
#5DcrimsonscaleSPosted 4/19/2009 2:30:26 PM
i had the same problem with Genji. but im not sure why it is doing that. Um do you have more that one memory card. and does this only happen with temp saves? if you can copy all of your data on your card or ur friends card then format the memory card you're having problems with, then put your data back on it might work. if this is no help just save up to buy a official "Sony" memcard. cause nyko is still third party card
#6owuyPosted 4/19/2009 5:04:51 PM
It happened to me too awhile back. Hell, it's always happened to me at some point. I still don't know what causes it, as it just happens at some point.

Although it does not effect the campaign, it does not allow your inventory to carry over to the extra missions. Which is VERY crippling, as you're stuck with a regular Cerberus, and a scope or two that weren't in the campaign.
---
4+4= Dinner. Use your imagination.
#7xxnike629xxPosted 4/22/2009 7:33:31 AM
probably something to do with the fact that you're not using the official 8 mb sony memory card. i don't care if it has the seal or whatever. there's probably something slightly different which caused the file to be corrupt.
#8crisiscorekidPosted 4/22/2009 8:09:57 AM
are you using cheats? ever since i used cheats i get the same message
#9Orochi_(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2009 7:45:55 AM
Im not using cheats. I loaded up other games and they all seem to work fine though, it's just this specific game.
---