'Load Failed' Because of PS3? Maybe...

#1beavisgeniusPosted 7/22/2013 7:53:05 PM
I've been playing Dirge of Cerberus for a few months on PS3. Twice now, my save file has somehow corrupted. This is terribly frustrating because of the fact that all this seems to do is prevent me from using any upgraded weapons in the Extra Missions. I was well on my way to finishing up Ex Hard mode and had all my gear upgraded. Another board mentioned that an aftermarket memory card may be the problem when using PS2 hardware. My thoughts are that because the PS3 is essentially an emulator for the PS2 game, that might cause the load failure after a period of time. It's happened to me, twice. Has this happened to anyone else using PS3? Thanks!
#2Splatterhouse5Posted 7/31/2013 12:54:19 PM
This game autosaves quite often. It you switched it off or something without noticing it was saving, your file's would likely have been corrupted. Could that have happened?
---
Canon: the juvenile's way of looking at fiction.
#3beavisgenius(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2013 7:36:55 AM
I tried to be very aware of the autosave feature. My data file was corrupted twice on the PS3. When it happened the first time, I didn't realize the effect right away and continued to play for a while before I started over. When I started over, I was diligent not to turn the system off without being on the main screen. Now, I've pulled out the old PS2 and I'm just leaving it on. It shouldn't take me more than a couple more weeks to beat this game for good. I've finished it in all three difficulty modes (got the Manasoul to make the extra missions easier), and I finished Misslebreaker Melee last night. The trick to that one is to crouch so the left side missiles hit the barrel. You've only got to shoot the right side.

Are you playing on a PS3? Have you had this problem? It's very disheartening.