Do I have to use ImageDiffGUI ?

#1BilouzePosted 7/27/2010 3:09:50 PM
Or can I use a similar software ? It doesn't seem to work on my PC, I got an error message "EFCreateError : cannot create "" file." (wtf is "" ?) I'm not sure how to translate the 2nd part of the message, it says something like "cannot access the folder"...
#2kromboyPosted 7/27/2010 3:13:22 PM
I am quite certain that the patch is to be used with imagediff, and I'm not aware of any other program that has the same functionality. Of course, there are some software that can repackage iso images, just not sure if the patch format is compatible..

Whenever a software doesn't work, first thing I do is to try and run it in administrator mode, that seems to clear up many problems.

As for your specific issue, I'm not too familiar with the error messages so I can't really help you with that. But you can always google it for some more insight.
#3LegaiaRulesPosted 7/29/2010 11:05:52 AM
You might run into problems if you use a Mac OS. There were a few people who had problems with this months ago, and the best advice was to find someone with a Windows OS and use the tool there.

If that's not it, use this guide to familiarize yourself with ImageDiffGUI:

http://www.underground-gamer.com/wiki/index.php/Using_ImageDiff_Patch_Files

---
Front Mission Series: The Fan Translation Project in progress: check frontmission.info for more!
#4Bilouze(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2010 12:33:54 PM
I do everything like explained in the Applying patches section. Only difference is with the "new image" field : I can't select a folder for the patched image, instead the windows stays open as if I'm supposed to select a file like I did with the patch and iso fields...
#5LegaiaRulesPosted 7/29/2010 5:20:39 PM
Oh, in that case, just make up a name for the new patched ISO. i.e. FM5_PATCHED. It's confusing at first, but that section is just asking you for the new file name.

---
Front Mission Series: The Fan Translation Project in progress: check frontmission.info for more!
#6Bilouze(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2010 7:58:14 AM
Goddamn... it finally worked, thank you. With the "browse" button next to the field I didn't even think I could just type a name for the patched file.
#7Someguy1212Posted 7/31/2010 8:40:29 AM
Burning the game with the US patch is violating copyright laws. Use the guides on this site.
---
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll142/ssbb_pwn/karpy.jpg
JUS FC: 0517-7005-1226
#8WendoloKazakiPosted 8/8/2010 12:12:56 PM
wat