best wanzer pilot

• Topic Archived
5 years ago#1
So who is the best wanzer pilot in the front mission series? <"z
5 years ago#2
There are awful lots of pilots in FM series.
10 in FMA, 18 in FM1 (OCU), 7 in FM1 (USN), 12 in FM2, 15 in FM3, 12 in FM4, and whooping 83 in FM5. (I didn't added 2089 series because not many knows it)
Also define meaning of "Best", do you mean as "Skill (game system etc.)" or based on "Setting (biography etc.)"?
---
After series of bad lucks, there is always good luck follows.
- Syuji Terayama.
5 years ago#3
"Best" is a kinda vague term. Though if I were to choose the meaniest, sickiest, coolest bad-ass in the series, Driscoll would take the first place easily.
5 years ago#4
This isn't Gundam, people. There's a bunch of decent pilots, both from the player and enemy side. A more proper question would who's the best team of pilots...which is a little easier to figure out.

---
Front Mission Series: The Fan Translation Project in progress: check frontmission.info for more!
5 years ago#5
i have only played FM3-FM5 and so far no one has stood out. The main characters are all mediocre in my perspective with the exception of Walter Feng (FM 5) he seems like a pretty decent pilot from what other people say about him. But if where to judge the 'best wanzer pilot' by simple FMV it would be the scene where Glen Dural easily wiped out Feng's platoon. He was acting weird though like he was brain wash or something.

<"z
5 years ago#6
I don't know if I would consider her the "best" pilot, but it has to be Latona for me! She tears Wanzer's up like a... well... striker! Yes, Front Mission 4 is my favourite :)
5 years ago#7
7zil posted...
He was acting weird though like he was brain wash or something.

He *was* sorts of brainwashed, actually. And before that, he was owned by Walter's squad, even though it was only their second battle. So I wouldn't say Glen is an outstanding pilot.
5 years ago#8
i have only played FM3-FM5 and so far no one has stood out. The main characters are all mediocre in my perspective with the exception of Walter Feng (FM 5) he seems like a pretty decent pilot from what other people say about him. But if where to judge the 'best wanzer pilot' by simple FMV it would be the scene where Glen Dural easily wiped out Feng's platoon. He was acting weird though like he was brain wash or something.

As I said earlier, this isn't Gundam where one or two pilots own all. If you were to ask about the best team or group of pilots, then it'd be easier to narrow down the choices. FM operates on realism and that means anyone (and it happens in all of the games) can be surprised, caught off guard, and beaten.

---
Front Mission Series: The Fan Translation Project in progress: check frontmission.info for more!
5 years ago#9
I am not saying it is like gundam LegaiaRules but if you had to choose which among the characters of the FM series stood out the most.

<"z
5 years ago#10
teams would definitely be easier to decide. best pilot? eh, more like impossible to decide. :P

a few i think could be considered among the better pilots story-wise in the series would be: storm (2089-I), roid (1), driscoll (1), kevin (1), maria (1), ash (2), rocky (2), cordy (2), darril (4), thammond (4), walter (5), lynn (5), glen (5), morgan (5). fm3 has some good ones, but nothing too special. there's a LOT more that i haven't said because i don't remember much at the moment.

i agree, teams are more fitting for the fm series anyways since wanzers are used in groups and never in solo combat. only very rarely does a pilot try to go solo and that's because they're enemy pilots using super powerful mobile weapons...which any fm fan knows are WAY stronger than the average wanzer!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived